Disappearing dForce Hair

I don't know what happened here, but suddenly this one hair object stopped rendering any of the strands (Shy Style) in the file I have been working on.  I've done a lot of things to the file, and haven't made incremental backups.  Weird thing is, if I delete it... save the file and re-add the hair object, the same thing continues to happen: shows up fine the in the OGL preview, but nothing but the cap is visible when I render.

HELP?! I don't want to have to rebuild this file.

Comments

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 664

Select the hair (not the cap) in the scene pane then goto the parameters pane and adjust the Line Tessellation (their are 2 settings for this, one is for the viewport and one full rendering) try increasing it to 2 if its on 0

• cwtx4cwtx4 Posts: 0

I'm rendering in Filament I'm having the same problem. I changed the setting as said above. I worked for a short render but when I made a render 900 frames long it had the problem. I noticed the glass in the scene was fluctuating with the reflection of the hair. So I removed all the glass just to see if it would help. It didn't.

• cwtx4cwtx4 Posts: 0

Just wanted to add the hair ( for whatever reason ) is extremely reflective like it's made of glass fiber.