Home One Bathroom - Faucet Water Missing

I just purchased this for the scenes that I'm building, and I bought it because I saw that it had the running water prop that could be added to the bathtub faucet, shower faucet, and sink faucets. I've looked through all the prop tabs, I looked at all the materials, and went into the Content Library to look for it. It wasn't there at all. I'm kind of disappointed as that's why I bought this. The water is everywhere else. It's in the sinks, it's in the tubs, but NOT in the form of a stream as the promo images and description suggest. I'm like half tempted to contact the maker and ask them where it's supposed to be at. In the event that it's actually not there, is there a way for me to simulate water coming out of the faucets?

Link to the product - https://www.daz3d.com/home-one-bathroom

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,260
    edited January 2021

.... better answer arrived below ;-)

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871

@maclean is generally very good about answering questions.

The water isn't a separate prop; it's a surface and a bone that's part of the bathtub, washbasin, and shower.

Go into the Scene tab, expand out the bathtub/washbasin/shower. You'll see a bone labeled "Water" under the washbasin and bathtub, and "shower spray" in the shower, which has a closed eyeball, meaning that visibility is turned off. Click that to open the eyeball and turn visibility on, and the water will be there.

Note that, because these are very old items with 3Delight materials, if you want to use them in Iray, you'll need to put different shaders on the water surfaces, in the surfaces tab.

• vwrangler You are such a life saver, I did find it right where you were talking about! Though I'll need to post ina different thread how to use the water shader. I have the three base ones that come with Daz, but I'm not an expert on shaders yet (I never use them outside of like hair and clothing). Normally I can just select the item and double click the shader or drag and drop and that works out fine. The water streams for the bathtubs and the sinks arew fine, but the shower water shader is the one I'm having a problem with. Still working on this as I'm typing. 

• Nevermind, I figured out how to do it, it just looks like a continuous stream of water now, instead of looking like an actual shower. I'm just silly. I'll need to go buy some water shaders for showers I guess. (Does the store even have that?) Thanks so much though! 

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,260
    edited January 2021

There is a collection of free Iray shaders here https://sharecg.com/v/87095/view/7/Material-and-Shader/WTP3-Will-Timmins-Procedural-Shaders-for-Iray# which includes one for soap bubbles. {disclaimer, I haven't tried these yet} {apparently includes previous releases}

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871

Gemini Queen said:

Nevermind, I figured out how to do it, it just looks like a continuous stream of water now, instead of looking like an actual shower. I'm just silly. I'll need to go buy some water shaders for showers I guess. (Does the store even have that?) Thanks so much though! 

The shower water in Home One Bathroom's shower comes with an opacity map that needs to be loaded into the Cutout Opacity slot in Iray (I'm guessing that's what you're using -- the map will be preloaded when you bring the shower into the scene. If you're using Filament, i have absolutely no idea what you'll need to do.).

What  I would suggest is loading the shower, selecting the shower water surface in the Surfaces tab (Just called "Water", I think), find the particular water shader you want to use, then hold down the Ctrl key and double click the shader preset. You'll then see a popup menu that asks whether you want to replace or ignore the maps; select "ignore". That will result in the shower water looking more like a shower and less like a solid cone of water. (The trans map is at Runtime\Textures\Maclean\home one\h41showerT.jpg if that helps.)

• Gemini QueenGemini Queen Posts: 263
    edited January 2021

So I was able to find the Cutout Opacity and it does have that image already loaded to it. I tried adding the base water shader and what I got down below was the result. I'm gonna try again now. I changed the color of the tiles so I could see it better as well. 

Edit: Also, the pop menu says something about ignoring the images, not maps. Didn't know if that makes a difference. 

1.png
    463 x 569 - 394K
    Post edited by Gemini Queen on