4.14 30 minute startup.

I'm not sure what's going on.

Over the past few weeks, Daz has started taking a LONG time to start up.  I watched today and it took 30 minutes.  Then it gave me an error about LAMH and LAMH player both being installed.  But when I go to the About Plugins, the player is showing as not installed.

Anyone else having problems?  Any idea where I should look to troubleshoot?

Thanks.

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

It's pretty normal for me to have every so slightly complex scenes, but that are just basically a couple of clothed characters and a set bought from the DAZ 3D Store, take 5+, 10+ and even 15+ minutes to open. I don't own a lot of Genesis 8 characters or morphs either so it's just DAZ Studio taking it's tike to parse through all that text and load all the elements of the scene in the viewport. 

• nonesuch00 said:

It's pretty normal for me to have every so slightly complex scenes, but that are just basically a couple of clothed characters and a set bought from the DAZ 3D Store, take 5+, 10+ and even 15+ minutes to open. I don't own a lot of Genesis 8 characters or morphs either so it's just DAZ Studio taking it's tike to parse through all that text and load all the elements of the scene in the viewport. 

OK.

I'm talking about initial startup into a blank scene. 

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@The Pencil Neck "Daz has started taking a LONG time to start up.  I watched today and it took 30 minutes."

Not sure what's happening for you. Timed it today: 35 seconds. Win10, 64GB RAM, RTX 2080 Super.

• onixonix Posts: 282

I suspect that old Daz instance may be still running in the background and the new one didi not start intill the old one exited.

So next time check with the task managed or reboot the computer just for test

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

What does the log file state its doing?