Sculpting a character based off another.

MichaelisMichaelis Posts: 10

This seems like it'd be easy to find, but I am struggling to find out information on [sculpting a character based off another0] this despite my best efforts. Sorry if it's been answered but I've been combing the forums for literal hours now.

I am not asking how to make a new morph in a software like Zbrush or Blender. I know how to do that.

What I want to know is the process for doing it as a character based off another-- such as, of course, "X Character for Victoria 8".

Using Victoria as my example still-- Do I simply send Genesis 8 to Blender with Victoria 8 fully dialed in, and then work from there? Or is there more to it that I'm missing, because that does not feel right to me.

In my particular case I want to make a character based on Star 2.0 for G3F-- like VYK Stella or Patti, a new character based on Star 2.0-- via making a new facial and body shape in Blender, not by dial spinning with morphs I have in Daz Studio. I'm just not sure how you go about that when we're dealing with mixing Star 2.0 in there. I've got it if it's just on straight Genesis 3, but I'm lost once you mix a character morph in there. Especially since I want to distribute these characters when I'm done.

Thanks so much, sorry if this is a silly question but I've been looking for the answer for a while and want to have it before I potentially waste time doing something incorrectly.

Edited for Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Michaelis said:

This seems like it'd be easy to find, but I am struggling to find out information on [sculpting a character based off another0] this despite my best efforts. Sorry if it's been answered but I've been combing the forums for literal hours now.

I am not asking how to make a new morph in a software like Zbrush or Blender. I know how to do that.

What I want to know is the process for doing it as a character based off another-- such as, of course, "X Character for Victoria 8".

Using Victoria as my example still-- Do I simply send Genesis 8 to Blender with Victoria 8 fully dialed in, and then work from there? Or is there more to it that I'm missing, because that does not feel right to me.

In my particular case I want to make a character based on Star 2.0 for G3F-- like VYK Stella or Patti, a new character based on Star 2.0-- via making a new facial and body shape in Blender, not by dial spinning with morphs I have in Daz Studio. I'm just not sure how you go about that when we're dealing with mixing Star 2.0 in there. I've got it if it's just on straight Genesis 3, but I'm lost once you mix a character morph in there. Especially since I want to distribute these characters when I'm done.

Thanks so much, sorry if this is a silly question but I've been looking for the answer for a while and want to have it before I potentially waste time doing something incorrectly.

Edited for Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums

Make your morph on top of the exported Star shape (but make sure you zero any non-morph changes, such as scaling or hip-transaltions to keep the feet on the floor). When you bring the morph back in check the Reverse deformations option - that will subtract Star, and any other morphs applied, leaving a morph that is just your changes. You can then use ERC Freeze to link the existing morphs either directly to yoru morph or to a master slider.

• THANK YOU! That's exactly what I needed to know. I'm still learning Daz Studio in and out.