Several props call mi_neuray_factory_deprecated() and result in an error

Mr_FluffkinMr_Fluffkin Posts: 121

Hello Friends and a happy new year!

I have some issues with several products, since i updated to Daz 4.14. For example the "Muelsfell Vast Ocean Modular Set"(i would like to link it, but can´t find it in the store anymore), which is some kind of underwater environment. It always worked fine and still does for most included props, but as soon as i put in any of the 3 included ground terrains into my scene and hit render, im getting this error:

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "Path-to-daz\libs\iray\libneuray.dll" at 0033:000000006B874526, mi_neuray_factory_deprecated()+6818566 byte(s)

There are several other products im getting the same error from, which formerly worked. The function itself says its deprecated in version 4.14. Is there anything i can do to avoid it? Will there be further updates to Daz that will replace those deprecated functions? Any help/suggestion is pretty welcome, since this is extremly annonying.

Post edited by Mr_Fluffkin on

Comments

• Some shaders have an issue with the current implementation of iray - it is a known issue and has been flagged for nVidia, I believe.

• So you think a downgrade to Daz 4.13 wouldnt help? Is there even a way to downgrade Daz or a download source for older versions?

Im not 100% sure this issue came with version 4.14 at all, since i bought a new graphiccard the same time i upgraded Daz Studio. I just thought so, because of the deprecated function. Sounds like there should be a replacement for that function or will be with the next versions, so i thought its an Daz issue. Well, at least its good to hear that its a known issue they are propably working on. Guess im just gonna wait for a solution tho, since i would like to avoid a fresh installation of Daz Studio.

Thanks for the info, Richard.

• There wasn't a 4.13.x.x, but I think the issue has been around for a while now so it probably did affect 4.12.x.x