Filament help please. Fixed by uninstalling everything and reinstalling.

lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 635

I recently upgraded both my low low spec laptop and low spec desktop to DS 4.14. As expected the laptop cannot use Filament, it can't go above opengl 4.0 so so far so ok. The desktop can and should be able to use Filament, the video card is a GT 1030 with OpenGL 4.5  the video driver 456.71 (iray is rendering just fine now with the driver update). However, when I choose the Filament draw style I get a big fat nothing white screen no matter what is in the viewpoint. Iray scene, 3dl scene, a random primitive, zip, nothing, not a thing. I use 3dl 99% of the time and thought to use Filament as a substitute for the textured draw style. Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Lorraine

Specs: i7, 20G ram, GT 1030

Post edited by lorraineopua on

Comments

• Is there also a GPU on the i7? If so open the nVidia Control Panel by right-click on the desktop and make sure that DS is set to use the nVidia card.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Is there also a GPU on the i7? If so open the nVidia Control Panel by right-click on the desktop and make sure that DS is set to use the nVidia card.

Sorry, I didn't see this comment, Richard. It seems the problem was a manky installation and deleting everything and reinstalling got me going. I really do like Filament, it's now my go-to default viewport.