Adding a prop wants to close the scene

Sometimes when I try to add (by double left click on an icon in the content library) a prop or a Hair figure to an existing scene, I get a popup message asking if I want to save the existing scene before closing it. Right clicking the object/figure item icon I'm trying to load shows a menu with "Open as new" as the first option and "Merge in to scene" as the second option (so yes, I can choose manually). To me it seems plain dumb to have "Open as new" as the first option as it it by far more common that you would want to add a chair to a scene rather than replacing the scene you are working on with a chair, for example. However, it seems that double clicking on the item icon does not always choose the first option as sometimes the item is just added to the scene as you might expect.

So, is there a way to make sure that double left clicking an item icon only and always just adds the item to the existing scene without trying to open a new scene?

Comments

• That sounds as if the fils are marked as Scenes - what do they say at top-right of the thumbnail?

• I have had this happened to me if the product isn't installed properly. So a possible fix is to uninstall and re-install.

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 961

I have had the same thing happen when I try to apply a material or shader preset that I have saved so it isn't always an install issue.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,575

Load the offending item in an empty scene

Save it as a Scene Subset

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 961

In my case I get the dialogue box when I try to apply a material so I can't load it into an empty scene.