Fix broken rigging on custom G3F morph [Solved]

lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

Is there a way to fix broken rigging on my custom G3F morph?

Here’s the situation:

I made a G3F character using lots of slider morphs and pose morphs.

Then I made an additional custom morph for that character in Blender.

Using Morph Loader Pro, I then applied my Blender-made custom morph to a freshly loaded G3F figure. This means I did not use the “reverse deformation” function, but instead made the morph include all the effects of the slider and pose morphs from my original character.

Later I notice that my Blender-made-morphed character does not pose the same way as the original. There are glitches in the rigging that produce distortions.

Can a product like Shape Rigger Plus [ https://www.daz3d.com/shape-rigger-plus ] fix this sort of thing?

Or, is there some other way to fix it?

Or, is there no way to fix it, such that I must start over using a different method?

I’m using:

Daz Studio 4.11.0.383

Blender 2.79

Post edited by lukon100 on

Comments

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792
    edited December 2020

It occurs to me the the slider morphs I used on my starting character may have changed the rigging, and therefore produced a difference between the rigging of the original and the rigging of the freshly loaded G8F figure to which I applied the aggregate Blender-made morph.

If so, is there a way to transfer the rigging from my original slider-morphed character to my Blender-made morphed character?

Post edited by lukon100 on
  • That is why baking all the sliders is a bad idea even if you don't want to share the result. Go back to the base figure with the sldiers set and load the Blender morph with reverse Deformations, with luck the rigging will now be closer to what is needed and may even work entirely.

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

Thanks, Richard. Yes, using the "reverse deformations" method does preseve the rigging almost perfectly.

But I discovered that the Shape Rigger Plus product also does an acceptable job re-rigging the figure with the "baked" slider morphs. Acceptable, but not perfect.

'Cause ya, Shape Rigger Plus just happened to go on sale the day after I started this post discussion, just in time for me to experiment with it.