4.14 Update Broke Some G1 Settings, Can I Get Help?

ben_roprimben_roprim Posts: 46

Could really use some help.

After udating both Daz3d and Daz3d Beta to 4.14, Genesis 1's Hand and Foot Scaling have broke. 

I have tried fitting the rigging, but did not make any changes to fix it.

How do I fix something like this?

I attached an example of the hand being broken, scaling using normal means. This effect also happens with the feet, and such.

Any help is very, very much appreciated.

photo_2020-12-28_22-12-46.jpg
1280 x 800 - 56K
Post edited by ben_roprim on

Comments

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

14.4?

As far as I was aware, the latest version of DS is 14.1.38

Am I missing something? DIM has been misbehaving recently but I don't see DS 4.14.4.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,200

Latest Beta is 4.14.1.38 and if I load Genesis in that it looks normal.

• Sorry for the version confusion, I fixed that in the post.

Sadly I am still having this issue,

• ben_roprimben_roprim Posts: 46
    edited December 2020

Hopefully this is a better example.

This is a plain and clean G1, and you can see the odd inflations.

Even the Eyes, and for some reason the Tongue, inflate when it completely should not using the scaling.

I know I couldnt have done something wrong, maybe. As everything was normal yesterday. It was only when I updated, that this happened.

photo_2020-12-29_14-16-55.jpg
    1280 x 800 - 60K
    Post edited by ben_roprim on
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,200

Try to select the character and look what is listed in Parameters > Currently used

• felis said:

Try to select the character and look what is listed in Parameters > Currently used

Nothing is being currently used, other then the scaling you see as an example. No other morphs or modifiers are being used.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,384

How about uninstalling and reinstalling the Genesis 1 Essentials; it is quick and easy and may overwrite the errant setting?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

Are you talking about the head propagating scale (which works for me in both 4.14.1.36 and 4.14.1.38) or the hand and foot (which in your images look to me to be working correctly)?

• @nemesis10

It didnt work sadly, after reinstalling that.

@Fixmypcmike

They are not working correctly, as they did not do this kind of inflamation with scaling. Otherwise, I wouldnt be asking for help.

• I have the same problem with one of my computers for G1 big time.  I sent a ticket in to tech support, but got a message that response time is 4 to 6 weeks, SAD.  Attached are the issues I have.  Many morphs are not working correctly with the last release 4.14.0.10. Parameters and controllers for the morphs show "?" too. I spent an entire day trying to fix it.  Note that DAZ Install Manager does not delete the files, it just tries to copy over...no affect.  I even deleted the files on the computer for G1 and all the morphs, no affect, I did it again, and deleted and reinstalled DAZ too, no affect.  I rolled back to version 4.12, and reinstalled G1 and morphs, problem fixed...but stuck now with an older version.  Note that my other 3 machines show slight issues with clothes and hair no acting right...for some.  Doesn't DAZ regression test before release?  It appears not for all versions of Genesis, otherwise they would have caught this...IT 101.

docx
    docx
    G1 Chest Width Morph Issue.Example.docx
    3M
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

The "?" issue is down to you have two (or more) copies of the morphs installed, that's what the (2) on each of the sliders is telling you.

As for morphs not working, I'm on an older version of 4.14 and they work fine for me

• Please attach screen shots. If they are in the .docx file that isn't a good idea, those can carry malware.

The (2) after a slider label doesn't necessarily (or even, I think, usually) mean two of the same morph, usually it means two different morphs with the same label - possible if you have converted a set of morphs that also has an official conversion, for example.

• Ah ok, that is very helpful. I'll take a look and see if I can find the duplicates.  Screen shots now also:)

• I found it.  Somehow G2F morphs were in the My Data 3D Library folder in Data/Daz 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DSD Gen X/Genesis Female.  Once I deleted the files in this folder, there was no problem with the G1 morphs.  Crazy...

• sorry... D3D Gen X/Genesis 2 Female

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,049

if something weird happens the first thing I do is disable GenX morphs,

fortunately you can easily with the plugin so no need to delete data files,

it makes it simpler to find the rogue one too and just delete that.

• That's good to know, thanks:)