Scaling issues?

Well, I'm finally making the transition from Studio 3 to Studio 4 after what? 10 years? I will have a lot of questions, because it seems like there's a lot of limitations compared to Studio 3. Here's the first one: how do I alter the separate scales of various parts of the body? I've loaded the basis Rebekah figure, and I wanted to X Scale the hips, but the only scale parameter is a general scale that reduces everything. Not what I want. After spending the better part of 45 minutes looking, I thought it would be easier to ask here.

Expect a lot more of these questions, please, as the video tutorials seldom deal with things like these.

Thanks,

..Joe

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,391

The separate scale dials might be hidden. There's an option in the tab menu to show hidden parameters.

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    edited December 2020

Genesis 8 has lots of morphs available for body shaping. It will cost a bit to get the majority of them, but it is worth it. There are also some free ones but, caveat emptor, so to speak. Using the "x,y,z scale" dials is definitely not ideal for individual body parts and will lead to all sorts of distortions which will not look good in your renders. Some Morph Packs have specific "scale" morphs available which also take in to account the movement of the joint positions. You can also make your own morphs if you want to invest the time, using programs such as ZBrush or Blender (this is freeware). DAZ Studio has a function called GoZ which is used for transfering figure/objects between DS and ZB without the need to change overall scale.

Spin those dials!!

Good luck and have fun :)

Post edited by IsaacNewton on
  • Thanks. I'll check that.

..Joe

• Yup. That did the trick. Thanks.

Next question for anyone out there: Is there a way to globally unhide hidden parameters? With as many parameters Studio 4 offers, this is getting boring really quick.

Thanks in advance for the help.

..Joe