Cannot find G8F .dsf file

bradassociatesbradassociates Posts: 106

Hope someone can explain this...

Everytime I load the base G8F, I get a message that the .dsf file cannot be found in the specified location (see image below).   This only happens with G8F - no other base genesis figures.   Eventually, G8F still loads, but it takes a lot longer.   I've gone back and manually reinstalled the base G8F a couple of times, but it doesn't fix the problem.

If .dsf is a data file, why is it looking in that location and not the data folder in my content library.   Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

G8F Loading Problem.jpg
1208 x 816 - 311K
Post edited by bradassociates on

Comments

• Is this using the default Genesis 8 Female base preset to load the figure? Have you checked to see if there are multiple sets of files for the figure, from an old instalaltion perhaps? How did you install - if through DIM or Daz Central (or manually) does the icon for Genesis 8 Starter Essentials in the Products tab of Smart Content have a circled triangle icon at top-right?

• Not to contradict the great and wise(and i'm not being facetious) Richard Hasteline, but this has nothing to do with the Genesis8Female.dsf.

It's a broken character or morph pack.

The reason i say this, is that G8f wouldn't even load if the base DSF wasn't able to be found. you'd just get a bunch of grey boxes.

Check the log file for any related errors, such as "couldn't find output property" or something along those lines.

It'll point you to the broken asset.

uninstalling, or editing the asset(duf or dsf), will get rid of the error.

• bradassociatesbradassociates Posts: 106
    edited December 2020

Thank you both for your getting back to me on this - your time and volunteerism to help is extremely appreciated!   I've now got a direction to look, and will review the log file as well.

Post edited by bradassociates on