why cant i scale two things. please for the love of christmas.

Sorry, I have really spent hours trying to figure this out and it seems like the most basic thing.

I have a gen 8 person. I want them to have large hands. I cannot scale both hands together even when both are selected from scene. I have added them to a group. They still wont scale together. I have tried 'pinning' the translation? Not sure what that means, but still both hands will not scale together. I dont get it, why would selected two objects part of the same model and scaling not apply to both? Losing my mind please help.

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

What I do for hands is use the Hand Propagation sliders to adjust hand size.

• markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 553
    edited December 2020

There are different approaches available, but the first one suggested by Sevrin ist much quicker!

1a) Prerequisites

Make sure you have the Scene tab and Shaping tab open: Use the menu Window → Panes (Tabs) → Scene and Window → Panes (Tabs) → Shaping

1b) SceneTab

Now in the scene tab select your character.

1b) Shaping Tab

In the Shaping tab enter Scale in the text box that reads Enter text to filter by...

You should see some properties. Search for the one named Hand Propagating Scale and change it to your liking.

Now for the somehow cumbersome version

2a) Prerequisites

Make sure you have the Scene tab and Parameters tab open: Use the menu Window → Panes (Tabs) → Scene and Window → Panes (Tabs) → Parameters

2b) SceneTab

Now in the scene tab open the bone structure of your character until you have reached the hands:

Your Character→ Hip → Abdomen Lower → Abdomen Upper → Chest Lower → Chest Upper → Left Collar → Left Shoulder Bend → Left Shoulder Twist → Left Forearm Bend → Left Forearm Twist → Left Hand

Right click on the hand node and select Expand → Expand from selected from the context menu.

Repeat the process for the right hand side.

Now select all the bone nodes from both the hands. You do so by selecting the first one by clicking and then clicking all the other ones pressing the CTRL key on the keyboard.

2c) Parameters tab

On the left side of the parameters tab you should see all the selected bones in a list (this should be 40)!

Select them all.

On the right side enter Scale in the text box that reads Enter text to filter by...

You should see (40) Scale: with a value of 100%

Move the slider and all the bones should change their size simultaneously.

Post edited by markusmatern on