Specs of red, orange and white in the render

So I'm still practicing my skills in Daz3D, and recently created these sets of renders to post on FB. They look lovely, but I'd like to come back to those and touch them up and make them look better. I know that Photoshop might do a lot, but that's for another thread/forum I'm sure. But particularly, sometimes when I render images, there are these bunchs of specs that look like red, orange, white, and sometimes green. I chalked it up to the fact that I've got poor lighting, or need more RAM/better graphics card. But in this scene, the only thing that's in the scene is the floor and the models. No special lighting cause I kept the headlamp on, so there should have been enough light. I could see some of thier reflection in the floor, so I thought that it was plenty lit. I'll be Youtube-ing this later, but is there a certain feature/function that I'm missing to take care of this or is it a hardware issue? Thanks. 

Stroll through the house 1 - Correction Marks.png
981 x 569 - 593K

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

it's just noise or fireflies in the render which is rather common in render engines like iray.

The cause of it could be lack of light, too many reflective surfaces (though your issue could be from the light bouncing off the floor onto her feet), the image not rendering long enough.

If it's lack of light than you can either radd more lights or go to the render settings tab and increase the environment intensity.

If it is cause the image has not rendered long enough than you can adjust your render settings.  I personally set my max samples to 50,000, my max time to 90,000 and my render quality to 3 with 99% convergence.  I never reach hit the max samples or time but they are set that way to help ensure the image does not finish rendering prematurely. 

If it's just a matter of not rendering long enough, then you can do a quick fix by using the spot render tool and spot render to a new window (tool tab for settings) and spot render just the area that needs fixing and paste them together in a 2D program like Gimp or Photoshop.  A small render of just the areas that need fixing will take far less time than re-rendering the whole image again.  Though you can do that too if you want.