Octane Panel is Grayed

I installed the Octane Plugins for Daz Studio, paid for a license (subscription?) for it, but when I go into the panel, all of the buttons are gray, and it is asking me to locate the file named 'OctaneRender_settings.oczdb'. 

After this, I uninstalled Octane and reinstalled, but still have this problem. Am I missing a step?

Comments

• Did you activate it (enter the serial number or account details, I'm not sure how it works)?

• As far as I know, I was not provided a serial number when I paid for the subscription on the Octane main site. I'll continue to try to fix this and will update the thread when I find a solution. 

• Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,109

I went ahead and installed Octane. The installer located my DS installation. I accepted that. Then it installed. Then a black window opened that said that some file was need for cuda (the nvidia graphis card. There were 2 buttons. One to open the download location and the other to let the installer download. It said you could also download it manually. I chose the option to allow it to download. After that finished, I had to log into my Otoy account to activate. It said it was activated. I then opened DS and I went to the plug-ins panel but it was already checked. Then I opened the Octane panel and it was active and ready to use.

Did you allow it to download the dll that it said was needed for the graphics card?

But now that I've installed it, if I open DS and then close it without doing anything, it asks me if I want to save the blank scene and if I say NO then DS won't start again unless I restart my machine.

I guess you just have to wait a little while after you close DS before you can re-open it again. I was able to re-launch DS without re-booting after I watched one of the Octane videos and then came back to it and tried again.

• KevinH said:

But now that I've installed it, if I open DS and then close it without doing anything, it asks me if I want to save the blank scene and if I say NO then DS won't start again unless I restart my machine.

I think the Octane plugin creates data nodes, so even an empty scene will have changed.