My morphs really slow down loadtimes while similar others seem fine -- Why?

loopenoxloopenox Posts: 47

The morphs I make (usually for Gen2 since I like that base the most to work on) cause problems like long loading times even without the "duplicate formulas" message popping up. This gets to a point where when like 20 morphs accumulated G2 barely loads anymore, making Studio often even freeze at load times. Others seem to be able to make morph packs with dozens of morphs and the model seems to load quickly just fine.

So, I guess there are many ways to mess this up but I'd still like to get some hints to what I could improve to make my morphs more efficiently or at some guides to avoid certain things you should avoid when making morphs.

To give some insight, the morphs range from just couple body mods to whole character morphs, different headshape and all. When they're loaded they work perfectly fine, nice posing possible, no strange deformations, all good. I exclusively use the MorphLoaderPro and make those morphs in Blender. I also always take care that the morphs only affect parts I want to get affected by them.

Forgot to mention that I often leave them unsorted under "Morphs" where they usually land after importing. Could this cause problems? Do they always have to get sorted into "Actor" "Full Body" etc. categories to not cause issues?

In any case, hope someone might have an idea how I could improve here.

Post edited by loopenox on

Comments

• loopenox said:

The morphs I make (usually for Gen2 since I like that base the most to work on) cause problems like long loading times even without the "duplicate formulas" message popping up. This gets to a point where when like 20 morphs accumulated G2 barely loads anymore, making Studio often even freeze at load times. Others seem to be able to make morph packs with dozens of morphs and the model seems to load quickly just fine.

So, I guess there are many ways to mess this up but I'd still like to get some hints to what I could improve to make my morphs more efficiently or at some guides to avoid certain things you should avoid when making morphs.

To give some insight, the morphs range from just couple body mods to whole character morphs, different headshape and all. When they're loaded they work perfectly fine, nice posing possible, no strange deformations, all good. I exclusively use the MorphLoaderPro and make those morphs in Blender. I also always take care that the morphs only affect parts I want to get affected by them.

Forgot to mention that I often leave them unsorted under "Morphs" where they usually land after importing. Could this cause problems? Do they always have to get sorted into "Actor" "Full Body" etc. categories to not cause issues?

In any case, hope someone might have an idea how I could improve here.

Could be how you are saving your morphs. Be sure to select for saving ONLY the one new morph being created - NOT everything on the list ;-)

• Catherine3678ab said:

Be sure to select for saving ONLY the one new morph being created - NOT everything on the list ;-)

True but that was one of the first things I've learned not to do. Wonder if it would even crash instantly with 15 morphs having all morphs linked in them each, haha! At least it would throw the dublicate formula message, no doubt. But yeah, I don't do that.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

The title of your post leaves one wondering...

How do you figure that your morphs are slow to load since, if you have saved them correctly, they will be read and the dials for them added everytime you open or load any G2 based figure.

• PerttiA said:

How do you figure that your morphs are slow to load since, if you have saved them correctly, they will be read and the dials for them added everytime you open or load any G2 based figure.

They don't get read when you temporarily remove the folder with your morphs in it (for example data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Morphs\Author\morphpack1). In my case G2 loads blazing fast with my morph folder removed, loads alright with a couple and really chokes when I have like 15 of my morphs in it.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,260
    edited December 2020

loopenox said:

PerttiA said:

They don't get read when you temporarily remove the folder with your morphs in it (for example data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Morphs\Author\morphpack1). In my case G2 loads blazing fast with my morph folder removed, loads alright with a couple and really chokes when I have like 15 of my morphs in it.

Well since we don't have your morphs, if you clear the log file, then load the figure with your morphpack ... then copy the log file and post it, maybe somebody reading it can determine what is going on ;-) 

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Catherine3678ab said:

Well since we don't have your morphs, if you clear the log file, then load the figure with your morphpack ... then copy the log file and post it, maybe somebody reading it can determine what is going on ;-) 

Cool idea! Currently cleaning up my installation and will come back with a log if that cleanup didn't help either.