DAZ is really slow?

MerakiMeraki Posts: 38

Hi okay, so i've been using daz for some month now, i already have a lot of experience with blender and i wanted to try daz, i had a lot of fun and now i use it for everything. I love it, but since the beginning i have a huge problem, it's really slow, i can understand why it can be slow, the more i add stuff in my scene and the slower it will get, the problem is i just can't make a scene without daz chugging with every movement. I try to move the camera, the model or anything else it just chugs everytime.

On blender i can make massive scene and my pc can handle it. I think that my pc shoulde handle daz if it can handle blender, i wanted to try to animate stuff and it's just impossile, the time it takes to just make one pose is so massive. 

So what is the problem? Is it my pc, daz, or do i just do something wrong, thx for the help

rtx 3080

64gb ddr4

ryzen 3900x

running on a pcie4.0 nvme ssd

updated to the last version of daz

Post edited by Meraki on

Comments

• It may be worth checking Edit>Preferences>Interface tab to be sure that Display Optimisation is set to best. Posing (and morphing) can be slow on figures for which you have a lot of morphs or characters as after each change DS has to check its possible ramifications to see which other properties need adjusting.

• MerakiMeraki Posts: 38

so there is no way around it

• If there's no help there then not as far as I know, though if it is down to property interrelations thinning the herd (uninstalling characters or morph sets you won't use) may help.

• Put the hair on last. Some of the hair sets are very labour intensive.