Viewport Animation Performance for Genesis 8 slower than Genesis 3 - Suspicion Octane

Ok, this is really weird! When I add a genesis 8 character onto the scene and add an aniblock to it and when I play it, it is horribly slow and drops frames.

But, get this, if I add a Genesis 3 character, add an aniblock to it, it is smooth as butter. 

Now, just to tell you, the characters are not wearing any clothing, they are both just bare. 

Although, I have a strong suspicion that it is the Octane plugin, I never had this problem before I installed it. 

Comments

• wintoonswintoons Posts: 371

Ok, correction. Did take off Octane. It didn't work >:(

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

Character has the same tessellation level?

• Do bothj figures have a similar number of characters and morphs installed?

Robinson said:

What is the tessellation? 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,413
    edited December 2020

wintoons said:

Robinson said:

SubDivision level, in the Mesh Resolution group in the Parameters pane (assuming the model is SubD).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Richard Haseltine said:

wintoons said:

Robinson said:

SubDivision level, in the Mesh Resolution group in the Parameters pane (assuming the model is SubD).

It's only on level 1. It's just weird. When I use Genesis 3, it's really smooth but when using 8 it's so slow! 

• wintoons said:

Richard Haseltine said:

wintoons said:

Robinson said:

It's only on level 1. It's just weird. When I use Genesis 3, it's really smooth but when using 8 it's so slow! 

Do you have more characters/morphs installed for Genesis 8 Female than for Genesis 3 Female?