Octane Rendering - Nothing comes up

wintoonswintoons Posts: 371

Hi, 

I am only new to Octane and I have installed it, I've tried to render a basic scene with Octane, when I open the Octane Viewport, all it does it comes nothing comes up, it says on the top waiting, waiting waiting and thats it. 

Has anyone had this problem? 

Post edited by wintoons on

Comments

• wintoonswintoons Posts: 371

This is a screen shot.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,896

Do you have an Nvidia GPU?

Gordig said:

Do you have an Nvidia GPU?

Yep, I've a got a RTX 3090

• Please put the Viewport into a non-textured mode, or give the figure some clothes, before taking a screen shot.

What driver are you using? Is Octane activated (I'm not sure how that is handled, whether the pane is available without activation)?

• Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,109

I downloaded but haven't installed yet. The video I watched said you have to open About Plugins and then find Octane in the list and then check it to activate.

Yeah, I turned it off. I'm not bothering to use it. I seem to have too many problems with it. I think I'll wait and try using it again at a later time. 
    Yes it was activated on the about Plugins and it was the latest Nvidia driver too.  

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 737
    edited December 2020

In Octane go to the system tab and check if your card is recognised, You may have to open device setting and enable RTX

DazOctaneSystem.PNG
    708 x 694 - 38K
    DazOctaneSystem2.PNG
    545 x 715 - 45K
    Post edited by Tugpsx on

Tugpsx said:

In Octane go to the system tab and check if your card is recognised, You may have to open device setting and enable RTX

Ok i'll give it another go. But I will need to reinstall it again.