Jeans Pants with Sheer Top and Jacket for Daz3D not loading

This is a post that was created on Renderhub considering that's where the product was purchased from, but that site forum doesn't look very active. I thought it would be in my best interest to post it here as well. If this is wrong, I'm sorry. I've spent money on this content and now can't use it, so it's a bit frustrating. 

Recently, I purchased the Jean Pants with Sheer Top and Jacket from AFAZ. When installing it, I did it the same way that I've always done:

1. Extract the file to the desktop
  2. Open up the "My Library" folder for Daz3d
  3. Open the "Content" folder in both the "My Library" folder and in the "Jeans Pants with Sheer Top and Jacket" zip file
  4. Manual copy and paste each product into the applicable folders
  5. Close everything down
  6. Bring up Daz3D to ensure it works. 

However, every time I go to load it into the scene, this is the message that I get: 

• data/af/jeans and bra/bra/bra_27128.dsf

• data/af/jeans and bra/bra/uv sets/af/base/default.dsf

• data/af/jeans and bra/bra/bra_27128.dsf

It then proceeds to come up as the grey squares. I'm not the most knowledgeable on the technical terms of Daz, but to the best of my knowledge, that means that all the important files of the product are missing. While writing this, the last thing that I'm going to try to do is manually copy and paste the actual files into each folder and not the whole folder by itself. I have already inboxed the crreator - AFAZ for more support and have not heard any word from them. If anyone has any troubleshooting for this, I would appreciate it. Thanks. 

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

Do you have an actual folder named "Content" underneath "My Library"?  Can you go to Content Directory Manager, expand all 4 sections, and post a screenshot?

• I used WinRar to post the directory, hopefully this is what you meant. 

Untitled.png
    665 x 663 - 61K

See how there's a "Data" and a "Runtime" folder directly under "My Library", and also under "My Library/Content"?  That's going to cause issues like the one you're seeing, where DS doesn't know which one to use.  In DS, go to F2 > Content > Content Directory Manager, and see what you have under "Daz Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats"; the default is to have ".../My Library" without the folder named "Content" at the end.

• Alright, I'm there. What I see under the Daz Studio Formats is this:

C:/Users/karma/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library

That's where I've been going to install all of my content that doesn't have corresponding DSX files. However, in that file directory, there is a "My Library" folder within the original "My Library" folder. Should I delete that one? 

I'm sorry if that sounded a bit confusing, I just want to understand what it is that I'm deleting. 

Yes, you want move everything that's in "My Library\Content" or "My Library\My Library" up one level so the Data, Runtime, People, etc. folders merge with the ones directly under "My Library"

• So I deleted the additional "My Library" and attempted to reinstall all the products that didn't work. Suprisingly, almost all the products that didn't work before are now working. Thought the product in question in this forum (Jeans Pants with Sheer Top and Jacket) still doesn't work. I'm still getting these error messages:

data/af/jeans and bra/bra/bra_27128.dsf

data/af/jeans and bra/bra/uv sets/af/base/default.dsf

data/af/jeans and bra/bra/bra_27128.dsf

But thanks a million for that tip! The only things that aren't working now are one morph and the two clothing items which includes this one. You're brilliant! Now I could just get the last 3 things to work, then I'd be good to go. 

Can you give the full path to one of those missing files?

• This is for the bra_27128:

C:\Users\karma\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Content\data\AF\jeans and bra\bra

In that folder, there is a file called bra_27128, and it is a DSON Support File

Again, I hope that this is what you meant. I'm not super tech savvy with the verbiage. 

It looks like they still have the extra folder named "Content" under "My Library".  If you move the folders under "Content" up a level that should fix it.

• Fellow human being, you are a legend! That fixed everything! All the files that didn't work before work now!!!! Thank you so much, you have no idea how much this really helped me out! I was able to install them all and I tested each one and they all work!!!!! 

I think what was confusing me was that a lot of the products that I install come with that "Content" folder in the zip file. So out of habit, I take the entire folder and just paste it int the "Content" folder that's inside of the "My Library" folder, instead of taking them out and putting them directly into the"My Library Folder".

Again, thanks a million! Happy holidays and be safe out there! 

Glad you got everything working!  Enjoy and stay safe.