Reorganising Content

I've noticed that a lot of items are are poorly organised when installed and I'm reorganising them.

For example, sometimes a vendor puts some of their products under their vendor name, sometimes they do not, meaning their products are not grouped together.

Or more confusingly, clothing items appear in one folder (under the vendor name) but the separately purchased textures add-on does not end up anywhere near it in the content library.

When I move the items to where I would like them to be (under the vendor's name for example), they still work prefectly well but the smart content is completely mangled, it loses the location.

Is there a way to reorganise the content library, without messing up the smart content links?

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

One option is to create file links from the Smart Content Tab -> Daz Studio Format Content Library. Metadata will not break using this organizing method.

You need to separate your Smart Content Tab and the Content Library tab if they are on the same pane.  Then drag one (or shift select multiple icons) from the Smart Content Tab and drag them over to the Daz Studio Format Content Library to an existing or custom folder.