Problems with Shaders in Nighttime Situations

edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hypothetically, I have a Victoria 4.2 model with custom shaders. It renders fine in daytime scenarios. But suppose I want to render this model in a nighttime scene in a room, with moonlight shining through a window. When the moonlight touches the surface of this model directly, it's as if the model is "glowing" in the dark.

A big part of my trepidation in using the DAZ Generation 4 or later models has been the environmental issues that seem to come with shaders. DAZ Generation 3 models, such as Victoria 3 and Michael 3, never had this problem. Those models never used shaders.

Is there any way around this? Is there any way to simply disable the shaders on a Generation 4 model? I don't like them to begin with.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,029
    edited December 1969

An example of what you mean may help. If the skin is using a SubSurface shader you may need to turn the SSS strength down a bit. or you may need to weaken the light so it is more like moonlight.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Also check the ambient, that doesn't require a light source so it can make things glow in the dark.