New Nvidia Driver broke Iray rendering and preview

Hi, I've been working with Daz Studio 12/12beta absolutely fine so far, then Cyberpunk 2077 came out and I needed to update the Nvidia driver otherwise it's impossible to play without major bugs. So that bit went fine, then I started up Daz 12 beta again and noticed that I immediately got a black result screen after pressing render. Also when turning on the Iray Preview Viewport, Daz just starts infinitely loading... something... and never shows the Iray Preview view, it just remains stuck in whatever it was like, like texture view. So I thought, maybe something got updated between here and Daz 14, so installed Daz 14 aaaaaaaand nope: same error, I can't render anything in Iray anymore. The other new Fillament thing works, but of course that doesn't help me. So:

1: What's up my dudes?
2: Halp!

Comments

• Need more info. What GPU are you using etc.

• novastridernovastrider Posts: 208
    edited December 2020

1060 6GB, Win7 64. It's not a problem connected with either RAM or a certain Genesis: I'm literally using the same basic simple set-up lighting scene I've used hundreds of times in all previous versions (HDRI, background and some lights). Everything worked perfectly fine before, all games are running.

I've literally changed nothing about anything, only difference is I'm now running the latest Nvidia driver 460.89 which somehow killed Iray functionality in both the old version Daz and the new Daz.

Post edited by novastrider on
  • PetraPetra Posts: 1,144

Hmm, I installed 460.89 today and I am running DS 4.14.

I do have no problems at all.

• novastrider said:

1060 6GB, Win7 64. It's not a problem connected with either RAM or a certain Genesis: I'm literally using the same basic simple set-up lighting scene I've used hundreds of times in all previous versions (HDRI, background and some lights). Everything worked perfectly fine before, all games are running.

I've literally changed nothing about anything, only difference is I'm now running the latest Nvidia driver 460.89 which somehow killed Iray functionality in both the old version Daz and the new Daz.

460.89 works for me with a 1080ti but I'm running win10.

The first thing to try is to get DDU and do a full uninstall and a clean install of the driver. 

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,144
    edited December 2020

I forgot to mention that I am running Nvidia RTX 3080 on Windows 10.

Post edited by Petra on
  • novastridernovastrider Posts: 208
    edited December 2020

What's DDU?

Anyone on W7 who can check if its working for them? Maybe somehow they made an error with that.

Post edited by novastrider on
  • I'm having this exact same problem on windows 10 with RTX 2080 super after updating to .14 and updating drivers for Cyberpunk. I'm using the studio driver now and it's still not making a difference. 

2020-12-17 20:07:19.350 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce RTX 2080 Super): an illegal memory access was encountered (while de-allocating memory

• Weird, it's fixed (?) at the moment for me. I kept retrying every like 8 hours with no results. Only difference right now is that I've got MSI Afterburner turned off, which should not be causing conflicts with Iray, since I literally always have had Afterburner on to check my temperatures and pagefiles while rendering. Am so confused.

• novastrider said:

What's DDU?

Anyone on W7 who can check if its working for them? Maybe somehow they made an error with that.

Disply Driver Uninstaller.