4.14 Slower Renders

Images that I created in Daz3d 4.12 that averaged 2 minutes to render now avaergae 8 minutes in 4.14. What am I missing? Is there a setting I need to adjust for the new verison? I'm not a render pro by any means.

Comments

• Are they falling back to CPU? Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File after the render finishes should include a summary of which device did what.

• So I checked the file, and it looks like it's using the CPU. I found this line in the log.

2020-12-17 12:22:00.634 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce RTX 2070): Device initialization failed, will not be used

In 4.12 My card was working fine.

• I still had Dazed 4.11 Public build laying around. I rendered the same image in that. and it took 1 minute and 40 seconds. Much faster. Is there away to install the Daz3d 4.12 public build? That way I could use that for my renders until I figure out what's going on with Daz3d 4.14?

• Does even a simple spheer in an empty scene drop to CPU? What is your nVidia driver version?

• Yes if I render a simple spheer it still renders un CPU. My Nvidia verison is 446.14

• You need to update the driver to 451.48 or later in order for Iray to use the device.

• That worked! Thanks! Not only did it work but the same image toom less than a minute to render!