Adjust Rigging, ERC Freeze and Save Morph not working [Solved]

AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718

Hi,

Earlier this year, I created a character, I did the usual Adjusted the Rigging, ERC Freeze then Saved the Morph. I used the character a few times then not for months. I noticed odd things happen with the posing but fixed the pose. Then started to use the figure again and realised the 'odd things' happening with the posing was because the rigging was off. So. I 'did the usual' and reloaded G8M. No joy.

There's only so many times you can do the same thing and get the same result before you have to question yourself a little. I've done this step, many times and though i haven't done it for months was able to do it again this morning without having to think about it. I have to admit that I was foolish this morning and didn't delete everything in the scene and remove the clothing but I removed the items from the ERC Freeze making sure only G8M was selected now I've got duplicate formulas which appear to be in the 'cloud' I've deleted one 'cloud' folder because I hate it, it always causes problems. I might have another lurking. The problem wtih that is the log gives me this kind of info  ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178)

Thanks, log, really helpful. I'm new to using a PC, a mac wouldn't give such vague results. 

So, can anyone give any suggestions as to what could be going wrong here. Firstly with not being able to save the adjusted rigging and secondly with the now, duplicate forumlas? Might they be related? I doubt it but, I'm open to ideas. 

Fixed. Basically I ERC Freezed Twice after finding I'd not previously ERC Freezed originally. 

Screenshot 2020-12-17 145344.png
1354 x 828 - 330K
Screenshot 2020-12-17 145606.png
1250 x 983 - 332K
Screenshot 2020-12-17 145908.png
1619 x 868 - 510K
Post edited by AbnerK on

Comments

• What are the exact steps you are following? Is this a custom morph or just a combination of sliders with a master slider? How was the content installed?

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718
    edited December 2020

Richard Haseltine said:

What are the exact steps you are following? Is this a custom morph or just a combination of sliders with a master slider? How was the content installed?

It's a mixture of both, everything installed with DIM. 

So, I loaded the file, I used the Joint Editor to highlight the rigging. Right clicked on the scene and chose Edit > Adjust Rigging. Then put the morph into Edit mode, if it wasn't already, and chose ERC Freeze. With only G8M in the scene this time left everything at default. Checked the Slider to make sure it was working and the bones were in place. 

File> Save As>Support Asset> Morph Asset.

Post edited by AbnerK on
    edited December 2020

FIXED IT! 

Post edited by AbnerK on
  • GatorGator Posts: 1,286

AbnerK said:

FIXED IT! 

How?  I have run into the same issue, thing is I can't remember where I found the instructions.

I did the same - created a morph on base G3F, adjusted the rigging, ran ERC Freeze, then saved the morph out.

I just used the morph again, and noticed the bones are not following like before.  To base G3F and any figure.

edited December 2020

Post edited by AbnerK on