Zip files with "Content" folders won't install into Runtime properly

cobuspcobusp Posts: 302
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hi

Some purchased DAZ files come in downloaded Zip format, which is ok, but the problem is that their root folders are named "Content", and the Runtime folder is found only inside it.

The big issue is that when I want to extract the zip file to an existing Runtime folder, it never does so correctly, because it keeps extracting a separate "Content" folder, not merging the new files into the existing Runtime folder.

What the heck can I do?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Extract to a dummy location, then move the Runtime folder out of it.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,793
    edited December 1969

Or use DAZ Install Manager...

http://www.daz3d.com/install-manager-info

• cobuspcobusp Posts: 302
    edited December 1969

Thanks. Some of the files seem to be only zip -- do they also work via the Daz installer?

Yes, that's what I've been doing: installing, and then dragging the separate files to their relevant folders in the Runtime folder. But, wow, rather tedious, don't you think?

Thanks for the feedback!

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Thanks. Some of the files seem to be only zip—do they also work via the Daz installer?

All of the DAZ 3D files from the store here should now be in ZIP format, and they do work using DIM (DAZ Install Manager). Please note that other ZIP files from other stores or other sites will NOT work with DIM, it is for DAZ 3D content only.

Yes, that’s what I’ve been doing: installing, and then dragging the separate files to their relevant folders in the Runtime folder. But, wow, rather tedious, don’t you think?

For a Poser content install, all you need it the 'Runtime' folder, anything else in the folder called 'content' will probably be in DAZ Studio format, which Poser can't see anyway. There is no need to move individual folders (assuming that you are using Windows of some flavour), simply drag the runtime folder out of the content folder, and drop it into the folder that holds the runtime folder you want to merge with. You don't even need to look inside the runtime folder, just drop it to the right folder, and it will merge itself.

If you are using a Mac, then you will need to find out how to merge folders for you version of OSX.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I use Win Rar as an unzip program and I can choose to just select the runtime from within the content folder, within WinRar, and direct it to whichever runtime I wish to use.

I think that there are other unzip programs have similar functions

• lemonade8lemonade8 Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I use Win Rar as an unzip program and I can choose to just select the runtime from within the content folder, within WinRar, and direct it to whichever runtime I wish to use.

I think that there are other unzip programs have similar functions

THANK YOU!!! You just helped me. I couldn't figure out how to do this and I had given up on getting anything from DAZ anymore. ((hug))