Lighting and Shadows

I enctounter nicely-lit environments (sometimes dim, like in the attachment), but often enough, the figures are not lit.  is there a product- a lighting rig or something- that will maintain the general room lighting, but allow the chracters and their clothing to be seen?  Or create similar levels of room lighting, but allow the figures to be seen?

Sometimes one side of the character can be seen, which only works from one angle.  I'm not very could at bringing in extra lights, it takes forever to position them.  Anny suggestions?  Or experience with a product? 

z.JPG
822 x 599 - 64K

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077
    edited December 2020

There are dozens of lighting products in the shop. Too many to offer recommendations. When creating a single light from the menu pay attention to the popup, as easy tip for positioning is to duplicate the camera position then move the light a bit.

Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

You need to work on your lighting skills since that is what makes a good render. Think real world. in that image the light is in front of the figure, so of course you won't have any light behind him, just like in real life.You will need to find some kind of light source to shine light on the figure from behind to see the figure.

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 674

Thanks for the tips, any I can get, I can use!