Daz Dragon - white eyes in Iray render? (SOLVED)

deepswingdeepswing Posts: 152

Hey folks,

I bought Daz Dragon 3 recently and wanted to put it in some renders, but realized that whatever I do, his eyes are always pure white. I started a new scene from scratch with only Daz Dragon 3 included, but still the eyes are white (in both iRay preview and in the final render, see attached). 

Is this a known issue? In the texture shaded view the eyes are showing up normal.

Thanks!

white_eye.png
800 x 450 - 394K
Post edited by deepswing on

Comments

• I think I solved it, apparently there's an "anatomy" you have to apply called "Dragon 3D Print Geo-Graft", then the eyes show up...

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

deepswing said:

I think I solved it, apparently there's an "anatomy" you have to apply called "Dragon 3D Print Geo-Graft", then the eyes show up...

Strange, you shouldn't need that unless you're 3D printng.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

The Daz Dragon 3 is from a time before Iray ... Did you make sure to convert all surfaces to Iray?

• Ok that's very helpful, too. :) I have some issues with the search, I type stuff in, but don't find anything related. Maybe Google is the better way to search in this forum? :) 

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

deepswing said:

Maybe Google is the better way to search in this forum? :) 

Unfortunately that is true ... Try

site:www.daz3d.com/forums/ and then whatever you are searching for, like daz dragon 3 white

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718

deepswing said:

Ok that's very helpful, too. :) I have some issues with the search, I type stuff in, but don't find anything related. Maybe Google is the better way to search in this forum? :) 

yeah, the store search isn't very reliable for me. I end up googling *** daz3d.com. You used to put in '*** site:...' but I don't think you need to bother with that now.