path for package archive

I was having trouble with Daz3d. It would crash during rendering and kept getting the "valid PostgreSQL CMS could not be established." Consequently, I unistalled DazCentra;." When I opened DazCentral, it told me to download Daz. When I tried to download Daz, i got this error message:The path specified in the "Package Archive" field , on the "Downloads" page of the "Settings", is not currently available. It then asked if computer recognizes the drive, but I have been using the C drive all day. I got the same error message when I tried downloading DIM. I hope someone can help. It is driving me crazy, Thanks! 

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

DAZ Central and DIM should use the same settings (make sure they do, but pick one and stick with it). I don't use Central, but in DIM the Package Archive path can be changed by clicking the ellipsis (...) at the far right side of the field. That will open a folder selection dialog for you to choose the one you want.

However, that alone will not cure your problem with the CMS connection. Did you install the PostgreSQL package? Do you see any postgres.exe processes in Task Manager? It should start up automatically with Studio or DIM (and presumably with Central).

• Thanks  very much. You have very helpful.