New machine - Daz Studio and the DIM both crash when I try to login

I just got a new laptop, and of course one of the first things I wanted to install was Daz. But when I try to log in to either the DIM or Daz Studio, either one, the program crashes. I enter my username and password, click "login," and it just disappears. No error message, just gone. If I check "work offline" it does not crash, but if I actually try to log in, it just disappears.

I'm running Windows 10 64x, with Windows Defender as my security software.

Searching through the forums turned up several threads with identical problems, but no solutions that I could see. Help?

Comments

• You may need to open a support ticket on this.

• I did - on December 14th. I'm still waiting for help - and until I get helped, I can't use Daz.

• You should be able to download most things from your Product Library pages, then place the zips in Install manager Package Archive (the Downloads folder) and find them in the Ready To Install tasb, allowing you to work withotu going online.

• it's not perfect, but that's a great workaround until the help desk can get to me. Thanks!

• LaPartitaLaPartita Posts: 402
    edited December 2020

A number of products (such as Victoria 8) in the product library are missing - all I've gotten is a black rectangle with a spinning circle. Help?

V8 is missing.PNG
    1052 x 851 - 80K
    Post edited by LaPartita on
  • LaPartita said:

A number of products (such as Victoria 8) in the product library are missing - all I've gotten is a black rectangle with a spinning circle. Help?

There seem to be account-specific issues in which soem products don't reolve correctly. Victoria 8 is working for me, for example. It may be worth trying again another day, but if it doesn't resolve all I can suggest is another ticket - however, since other people have been affected, albeit with different products, we may hope there will be a general fix once Daz is back in the virtual office.

Still having the same issue, and there's been no response to my ticket.

This has now been going on since 12/14. I understand the tech support people being busy, but this is ridiculous. Does anyone else have the same issue? Anyone have any thoughts on what I might try?

• glem02glem02 Posts: 3
    edited January 2021

Yes, I'm having the same issue, since version 4.13 until the most recent 4.15. Working on a new Win-10 Pro laptop (MS Surface Book 3) with 32 GB RAM, i7, Nvidia RTX 300 Max-Q. I (re-)installed and deleted completely several times the whole Daz Studio, deleted even the corresponding registry keys - nothing. It crashes immediately when starting, as soon as I fill out the credentials to login. If I work offline, it crashes when loading a character because it wants to connect. This is very very annoying, since I payed for content and the Platinum club already. I also tried DIM, but it crashes as well if connecting. Connection to my account works fine through the website or DAZcentral though. 

Update from a few days later:
    I wrote a ticket to the support and got an answer within 24 h. First suggestion was to try out the 32-bit version of DIM and DAZ Studio (manual installation) - and yes, the login worked without any issues. So I guessed there would be some issue with the SSL library needed for the authentication as pointed by someone somewhere else. I got fresh libeay32.dll and ssleay.dll ( both version 1.0.2o, 64-bit), and replaced those installed in the 64-bit DIM and Studio 4.15 directories, and voilà - it worked perfectly. This workaround might only work for my specific environment (see above), and I hope DAZ will update these accordingly in a next release.

Post edited by glem02 on
  • plmadplmad Posts: 15

glem02 said:

Yes, I'm having the same issue, since version 4.13 until the most recent 4.15. Working on a new Win-10 Pro laptop (MS Surface Book 3) with 32 GB RAM, i7, Nvidia RTX 300 Max-Q. I (re-)installed and deleted completely several times the whole Daz Studio, deleted even the corresponding registry keys - nothing. It crashes immediately when starting, as soon as I fill out the credentials to login. If I work offline, it crashes when loading a character because it wants to connect. This is very very annoying, since I payed for content and the Platinum club already. I also tried DIM, but it crashes as well if connecting. Connection to my account works fine through the website or DAZcentral though. 

Update from a few days later:
    I wrote a ticket to the support and got an answer within 24 h. First suggestion was to try out the 32-bit version of DIM and DAZ Studio (manual installation) - and yes, the login worked without any issues. So I guessed there would be some issue with the SSL library needed for the authentication as pointed by someone somewhere else. I got fresh libeay32.dll and ssleay.dll ( both version 1.0.2o, 64-bit), and replaced those installed in the 64-bit DIM and Studio 4.15 directories, and voilà - it worked perfectly. This workaround might only work for my specific environment (see above), and I hope DAZ will update these accordingly in a next release.

Hi there. I have this problem since last W10 update. This method works perfect for me. Thanks a lot!