I broke my 3Delight

spearcarrierspearcarrier Posts: 686

I'm migraining so if I don't make sense i can't fix it. (Yeah I know. It always seems that a migraine comes with these issues.)

Background as to why the problem: I create Akashik Online. (www.akashikonline.com) PWToon, Visual shaders, 3Delight. I've been working on this for years, and I really envy things like the Dragon Prince which essentially do the same thing but animated.  (Even if I've been toying with the look longer. Heh.) Lately I've been trying to use my Akashik acq1uired skill set to make an animated music video for some acquaintances. It's over a year later and I've barely  made an impact, but lately thanks to time I've been able to concentrate on it.

I have... I dunno 12 threads. Cores. Whatever. Anyway, there are 12 of them. And they're Not. Fast. Enough.

NOT. FAST. ENOUGH.

I'm waiting an avverage of 2 or 3 days just for a couple of seconds to render. With the latest beta release of DAZ to boot, I'll get to the final end of a long short render and the thing crashes when I tell it save!!!!  ARRRGGGH

So I downloaded 3Delight because I know going external outside of DAZ is tons faster. And it was! Soooo muuuch faster....... I was able to do a couple of single scene renders and they were amazing. But I couldn't figure out how to get it to do a full animation, and support is nonexistent.  

According to the 3Delight website, The Dragon Prince also uses software by J-Cube. I accidentally found it and thought, hrm. This might be why I can't render animations. I'll install it.  

Then I went from 3Delight 12 to their latest beta, thinking that might also be the problem.

Now when I tell the rib to go, the cmd window opens for a brief second and all shuts down.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. I took out the J-Cube junk. I rebooted. I went back to 3Delight 12 (their website had said it was the last release that supports tooning but they hoped to have something new soon).

I followed instructions as per this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/17016/how-to-use-3delight-stand-alone-render-engine-tutorial/p1

I tried just rendering in stupid slow DAZ and only get black scenes. Just black.

I really need this fixed. Akashik is broken now.  Please save me. I ain't got nobody to ask. Wah.

I don't give a rat about iray. I need the reason why I have DAZ to work. 

Post edited by spearcarrier on

Comments

• spearcarrierspearcarrier Posts: 686
    edited December 2020

Systerm restore point miraculously was there! So I did try that aftere posting this thread.

Things are still stupid slow. Trying 3Delight standalone newer versions got nothing. Went back to 12 and got it working... sort of.  Not sure if I should just wipe computer and start over or what at this point.

I tell it to render a 100 frame animation. I get... one tiff. As I posted in another much older thread. Sure wish I knew how to get this working. Sigh.
    Post edited by spearcarrier on