DAZ Studio runtime in Poser 10?

marblemarble Posts: 7,453
edited August 2014 in Poser Discussion

HI,

My main app is DAZ Studio 4.6 (latest version) but I rarely use Genesis figures and I'm becoming convinced that Generation-4 support will become obsolete (hence the 80% off content sale at the moment).

I have Poser 10 which I consider to be an awful interface but I might need to get used to it. I just had a trial run and loaded V4.2 from my DAZ Studio runtime (which I have linked in Poser). V4.2 loads fine but when I try to load Morphs ++ of Aiko4 or S4 morphs from the same DS runtime, they do not load. I've tried double-clicking and dragging the icon into the scene but nothing appears in the V4 morph parameters.

So my question is: do I need to download Poser versions of all of my content? I have 60GB+ in my DS runtime!

Post edited by marble on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,029
    edited December 1969

I can see no reason to imagine that support for legacy rigged figures such as Victoria 4 will be discontinued any time soon. However, if you want to use the figures in Poser you need to a) make sure there's only the one \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Figurename folder (where FigureName is the figure you are wanting to use) in your Poser content directories and b) try running the DzCreateExPFiles-?4 command file, where the ? is replaced with the letter for the figure's name.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,453
    edited August 2014

Hi Richard.

I don't have a !DAZ in my Poser 10 runtime libraries. I do in my DAZ Studio runtime. So this suggests that I do need to install separately for Poser and not just link to my DAZ Studio runtime within Poser, right?

I had forgotten this but I found another post I made a long time ago concerning DZCreateExPFiles.I can't get to the bug tracker to see if it was ever solved. That might explain the problems I'm experiencing as described in this thread :

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/669518/

[EDIT]: OK - found the commands (one each for V4, M4 and K4) - ran them all without bombing out. I'll be interested to find out if I see any difference. I take it that running the commands once works for both DAZ Studio and Poser?

Post edited by marble on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,794
    edited August 2014

Just add your Studio Content folder to Poser as an external runtime...

https://support.smithmicro.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2083/kw/poser

Post edited by WandW on
    edited December 1969

WandW said:
    Just add your Studio Content folder to Poser as an external runtime...

https://support.smithmicro.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2083/kw/poser

Yes, that's exactly what I did. As I said, I can load V4 from the DAZ runtime but when I go to the Morphs folder and try to add Morphs++ or other morphs, nothing gets added to the figure. I assumed that I could double-click the Morphs icons or drag them on to the V4 figure but neither works.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,029
    edited December 1969

If the \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ folder is in the folder you have added to Poser then it should work. The !DAZ folder won't show in Poser, you will need to look in Finder to see it.

edited December 1969

If the \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ folder is in the folder you have added to Poser then it should work. The !DAZ folder won't show in Poser, you will need to look in Finder to see it.

Yes, it is in the DAZ runtime library - I did use Finder to look for it. It isn't in either of the two Poser runtimes I have (Poser 9 and 10 content). I thought it had worked previously but must admit that I hardly touch Poser. I'll look for some more tutorials - maybe I've missed something.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

marble said:

Yes, it is in the DAZ runtime library - I did use Finder to look for it. It isn't in either of the two Poser runtimes I have (Poser 9 and 10 content). I thought it had worked previously but must admit that I hardly touch Poser. I'll look for some more tutorials - maybe I've missed something.

As long as it's in only one of the Runtimes listed in Poser it should work. If it's working in DS it should work in Poser also.

edited December 1969

Don't know whether it was running the initialise V4 command or updating Poser 10 to the latest Service Release, but I can now apply the morphs.

Thanks for the replies.