Dome, ground et cetera gone from render pane

When I opened up DAZ 4.14 this morning, two sections were gone from the render tab: Tone mapping and Environment. 

Now, I have to go back to daz 4.10 if I want to render using a HDRI, no ground et cetera. 

Where did these sections go in 14 and is there a way to get them back?

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104

They have been moved to the Scene pane and they can be set up using the Parameter Pane.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,955
    edited December 2020
    Oups - how did I manage that? And most importantly, can I get them back again? I don't have section pane in the scene mode, and I don't want it there either, because it's already so cramped and hard-to-navigage there
    Post edited by Hera on

Hera said:

Oups - how did I manage that? And most importantly, can I get them back again? I don't have section pane in the scene mode, and I don't want it there either, because it's already so cramped and hard-to-navigage there

You didn't do anything that is how Studio 4.14 is set up now. 

• Fishtales said:

They have been moved to the Scene pane and they can be set up using the Parameter Pane.

Not entirely true.

For some reason, Daz have decided that the environment and tone mapping render options should live in a node in your scene, instead of just being where they've always been. So if you want to set these values, you need to add those nodes: Create > New Environment Option Node... and Create > New Tonemapper Options Node... are the menu options to choose. Alternatively, if you set your viewport (however briefly) to Iray preview mode, it will create those nodes for you if you don't already have them in your scene.

Once the nodes have been created, you can indeed edit the relevant parameters in the Parameter pane, but you can also edit them in the Render Settings just like you used to - the options appear therre once the nodes have been created.

One thing to be careful of. Say you've been working on a scene and got the environment just how you want it, then you decide to merge another scene into it. If the new scene has environment and/or tonemapper nodes, they will overwrite the ones in you existing scene losing your current settings.

What benefit any of this brings to the end user is a mystery to me.

One thing to be careful of. Say you've been working on a scene and got the environment just how you want it, then you decide to merge another scene into it. If the new scene has environment and/or tonemapper nodes, they will overwrite the ones in you existing scene losing your current settings.

This is why I haven't moved to Studio 4.14 :(

• HeraHera Posts: 1,955

Ah yes, that has happened to me too.

Another error I've noted is that if I have finished and saved a scene and then open up an older with a ready dome and background is, that dome and background do not load. 
    I'm strongly considering returning to DAZ 12 because of all these complications in 14.

• Hera said:

Ah yes, that has happened to me too.

Another error I've noted is that if I have finished and saved a scene and then open up an older with a ready dome and background is, that dome and background do not load. 
    I'm strongly considering returning to DAZ 12 because of all these complications in 14.

I've seen at least one other report of this, but they should load (and do for me), possibly unless they were at default values.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    edited December 2020

chris-2599934 said:

Fishtales said:

Not entirely true.

For some reason, Daz have decided that the environment and tone mapping render options should live in a node in your scene, instead of just being where they've always been. So if you want to set these values, you need to add those nodes: Create > New Environment Option Node... and Create > New Tonemapper Options Node... are the menu options to choose. Alternatively, if you set your viewport (however briefly) to Iray preview mode, it will create those nodes for you if you don't already have them in your scene.

Once the nodes have been created, you can indeed edit the relevant parameters in the Parameter pane, but you can also edit them in the Render Settings just like you used to - the options appear therre once the nodes have been created.

What benefit any of this brings to the end user is a mystery to me.

If you don't want to do this tedious 2-step process--and who does?--you can simply use Iray preview and they will be added to your scene, and you can see them in your render settings too. Then switch back to Texture Shaded. Not at my computer, so can't confirm any other render engine or previously created scene.

Post edited by dawnblade on