Install Manager Woes

I hope someone has a suggestion on this one. I did put in a ticket, but that can take days to hear back.

So, I accidentally deleted all of my 17,000 DAZ installs (about a decade of content). With the new version of DAZ, I lost all of my metadata and tried the ways I knew to get it back, but nothing work. I saw one suggestion was just to uninstall and then reinstall. I didn't even think about the fact that I'd previously uninstalled all the downloaded product files to free up space on my computer. So I suddenly Only had about 2,500 files I could install. Sigh...

OK, so this one was my bad! 

I've been trying to download stuff now for 24 hours and I basically can download no more than 10 items (assuming the download doesn't fail, which seems to happen more than 70% of the time).

I'll suddenly get a message that IM has stopped communicating with the shop. I'll try to restart my account, but then I'll get an error message that I cannot do that while install manager is download, installing, or uninstalling, which it isn't because it's doing nothing. 

Sigh... 

Help!!!

Jason

Comments

• dmcl90dmcl90 Posts: 18

I'm getting something similar: number of allowable connections exceeded. It's a bit odd because like yourself i've recently re-installed daz and about 5 years-worth of downloads. I'd open DC and just select a bunch of things to 'install' overnight and usually had no problems. Yet today i'm getting this error message when only 1 item is installing. Methinks it's something server-side, so we'll just have to wait for a fix.

• Thanks for responding! It's always nice to hear when others are having similar problems. I'm always worried it's just me.

Jason

• Having the same problem....
    Luckly I had backup a lot of the files, so now manual install the most important content.
    Hopefully BIM can download the missing parts soon...

• I finally got it working, so it definitely seems to be doing better right now.