Scene Subset and duplicating formulas error?

MouserMouser Posts: 675

I have been saving characters with clothes props etc as Scene Subsets for some time without issue but suddenly all are displaying  'duplicating formulas' errors when I load them.
I save these in a separate runtime as to avoid cluttering the main runtime and keep content managable.

This is impacting the load time though the content still loads okay.

Post edited by Mouser on

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967

The log file (Help> Troubleshooting> View Log File) shoudl tell which formulae are causing the issue.  Hopefully it will be just one product causing the issue and if so you'd need to go to the support mechanism of the PA (help ticker here at Daz) or forums, etc., for other content sites to find a proper resolution.

I just had an issue with a number of duplicate formulae (all from the same product), posted on the appropraite forum and was told the prodct involved had been updated, and that was my path to resolution.

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

I loaded Aiko 8 and according to the log there are four duplicates listed:

Input Aiko 8.duf

Output Midori

I uninstalled, re-downloaded & re-installed Midori 8 but the issue is still there.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

Without the logfile, it is impossible to know what the problem is.

edited December 2020

Crap, whatever the issue is its spread to all the Genesis 8 Female characters including the origionals.

I tested a Genesis 8 Male character and they seem find so far.

Log entry:

2020-12-09 19:23:25.154 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7032): Duplicate formula found linking eCTRLRinEyesClosedR & eCTRLEyesClosedR in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Crocodile/Rin/eCTRLRinEyesClosedR.dsf.

2020-12-09 19:23:25.154 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7033): owner: Genesis8Female

2020-12-09 19:23:25.154 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7034): output: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Crocodile/Rin/eCTRLRinEyesClosedR.dsf#eCTRLEyesClosedR?value

2020-12-09 19:23:25.155 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7035): input: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Pose%20Head/eCTRLEyesClosedR.dsf#ECTRLEyesClosedR?value

2020-12-09 19:23:25.473 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7032): Duplicate formula found linking eCTRLRinEyesClosedL & eCTRLEyesClosedL in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Crocodile/Rin/eCTRLRinEyesClosedL.dsf.

2020-12-09 19:23:25.473 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7033): owner: Genesis8Female

2020-12-09 19:23:25.474 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7034): output: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Crocodile/Rin/eCTRLRinEyesClosedL.dsf#eCTRLEyesClosedL?value

2020-12-09 19:23:25.474 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7035): input: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Pose%20Head/eCTRLEyesClosedL.dsf#ECTRLEyesClosedL?value

This is for the Aiko 8 character from the main runtime.
    Post edited by Mouser on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Rin is a known issue, she doesn't play nice with Naoko, so if you have both installed then that is why you are getting the errors.

No idea if anybody has reported it or not, but going by DAZ3d's record of late don't expect a fix from them any time soon.

Whatever morphs you have installed for Genesis 8 Female resulting in conflicts and or duplicate formulas etc. will effect any and all characters that are based on Genesis 8 Female, no matter if the character is in a previously saved scene or loaded into an empty scene - The Characters you are buying and installing for Genesis 8 Female are just morphs like any other morph.

Every time you load a Character that is based on Genesis 8 Female, DS reads all the morphs (including character morphs) and if there are conflicts and/or warnings DS writes them to the logfile, this happens also when opening a previously saved scene that has Genesis 8 Female based characters in them.

Aiko 8 is just another character morph for Genesis 8 Female.

The easy option is to remove the characters that are causing warnings, write a ticket and wait if the conflicts will be fixed, in this case the character would be Rin.

The thing is I've had these characters working fine for some time without these errors.

I did install the Midori 8 character 14 days ago but why would it wait 14 days to start producing these errors?

If Midori 8 duplicated morphs surly these errors would have appeared 14 days ago?

Strange

And you haven't installed or updated anything G8F related since installing Midori?

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

PerttiA said:

And you haven't installed or updated anything G8F related since installing Midori?

Or converted any morphs from G1, G2 or G3 to G8 in the same time period

The last character I installed was Midori 8 on the 25th Nov.

I updated to DS 4.14 a while ago I honestly cant remember when.

About a month ago I converted all my Genesis 3 characters to Genesis 8 with the RSSY script.

I keep the following in their own runtimes:

1) Converted (RSSY)

2) Renderosity

3) Projects

I hope this all makes sence.

Interesting I have the Rin 8 character and installed her around 5 days before Midori.

Thanks for the heads up I'll have to see what i can do with this.

Yep your right Rin 8 was the issue, uninstalled her and the duplicate error is gone.