Saving character presets with smoothing?

Saving a character with smoothing modifier doesn't seem to work, when I load the character the smoothing modifier is gone. So I thought I'd be clever and just copy the part from a scene subset, but then I noticed something weird: The information regarding the smoothing modifier is already in the characters .duf file, so no need to copy anything, I guess Daz just ignores it when it reads "Type: character" in the preset.

Now I know we can use a post script when saving a character, but I have no idea if it's even possible to add a smoothing modifier that way.

So is there a way to save a character preset with smoothing modifier?

PS: Yes I know I could save it as a scene subset, (or even a smoothed morph) but that's not what I want.

Comments

• How are you using the preset - to load a new figure or to modify an existing figure? For some things to work you need to do the former.

• skboaskboa Posts: 61

To load a new figure. I could swear I've seen a character loaded with smoothing modifier applied once, but I don't remember which one it was :/

• Well, if that didn't work I think you will have to use a Scene Subset - loading a new figure should get everything that's in the preset. It's probably worth reporting as a possible bug too.

• skboaskboa Posts: 61

Okay, thanks. I'll report it. In the meantime, do you know if it's possible to use the post-load command for that?

• It sounds likely, but it's not something I've ever tried.