Can I post videos to the forum from sources other than Youtube?

Not thrilled with Youtube.  Hoping that an alternative can work.

Anyone have experience?

Comments

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,384

Vimeo?

• Have you ever created a video and posted it from there?  I know there are several alternatives.  Do they all work in the forum?

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

You can link to Vimeo videos, but I've not seen them embedded.  You can embed a thumbnail image and link that to your video.

• Vimeo embeds on some browsers but not Chrome 

Google probably responsible for that owning Youtube and all cheeky

• Yes, and I'm trying to avoid the evil of google/youtube. smiley

Thanks for the input.  I asked in this forum because I hoped that maybe someone from Daz could give me a comprehensive answer.  Still hoping. :)

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

UnifiedBrain said:

Yes, and I'm trying to avoid the evil of google/youtube. smiley

Thanks for the input.  I asked in this forum because I hoped that maybe someone from Daz could give me a comprehensive answer.  Still hoping. :)

People from Daz don't reply to posts in this part of the forums.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Just look at the source video site and somewhere there they should give example HTML code you paste into external sites like DAZ forum posts.

• Yes, I can post a link code to just about any video site.  But the question is, why does the Daz forum allow youtube to imbed videos, and does not allow other video services to do the same?

The youtube link code looks similar in structure to the others.  Puzzling.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

UnifiedBrain said:

Yes, I can post a link code to just about any video site.  But the question is, why does the Daz forum allow youtube to imbed videos, and does not allow other video services to do the same?

The youtube link code looks similar in structure to the others.  Puzzling.

Not puzzling at all. YT is pretty much the standard (despite any issues) when it comes to embedded videos, Besides there are very few reasons to ever post a video in the forums at DAZ and YT usually has that covered.

• Youtube is the biggest, but size does not make it any sort of "standard."

Your statement that there are "few reasons to ever post a video," is an opinion that I don't share.  But even if it were true, it is still no reason to default to a single company..

Dismissing an issue that someone here sincerely finds to be a limitation is not the same as understanding or resolving the limitation.

I continue to hope that a person here knows what is actually going on will offer a "nuts n bolts" explanation.  Else, what is this forum for?

• contact customer service maybe so you can communicate with an actual DAZ representative 

I doubt they will find it a priority at the moment though

I already triggered the Cloudflare security twice making attempts to embed Vimeo videos using the code options 

• Thanks Wendy.  I think that I will give up at this point.  As you said, Daz has bigger fish to fry at the moment.