Mesh Grabber on Geoshells crashes Daz

So, I use this series of products https://www.daz3d.com/mesh-grabber-bundle-win

Whenever I try to use them on character geoshells, Daz3d crashes.

I understand that maybe geoshells aren't meant to work with this product. It is ironic though, since there are many clothing items that are geoshells, essentially. But has it been addressed at all? Is there a way around crashing Daz3d? Thank you.

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

Geoshells are made to echo the source mesh, they are not at all like conforming clothing. The only adjustment they have is the offset. They can be translated, rotated, scaled and textured, but not altered by themselves. You can use Meshgrabber on the base figure, but if you want something that has a different shape than the base, you will have to grab some other mesh. I don't see how you can even use Meshgrabber on the geoshell, it won't select anything.

• onixonix Posts: 282

I dont even know if it is possible to use mesh grabber on geoshell as those geoshells lack any manipulation capabilities but to achieve that same effect you can simply fit another as geoshell with the same effect.

like you have G8 figure in your scene then load another blank zeroed G8 figure and fit it on your previous G8 figure this gives you the same result as geoshell and you will be able to use extra morphs on the second figure independently from its base.

• onix said:

I dont even know if it is possible to use mesh grabber on geoshell as those geoshells lack any manipulation capabilities but to achieve that same effect you can simply fit another as geoshell with the same effect.

like you have G8 figure in your scene then load another blank zeroed G8 figure and fit it on your previous G8 figure this gives you the same result as geoshell and you will be able to use extra morphs on the second figure independently from its base.

Ooooh, yes, I know what you mean, I just might try that! Thank you!