Dformer won't spawn morph on figure. Please help!

Okay, so I have a couple of dformers applied to this one third-party figure (DilophosaurusDR from Renderosity, in case it matters).  What I'd like to do is change those dformers into a morph I can save, but when I click Spawn Morph with that figure selected, nothing happens.  I checked, and in the same scene, if I applied a deformer to a G8F figure, a morph spawned from that just fine.  So, it's presumably linked to the specific figure I'm trying to make a morph for.  I tried exporting the dformed figure to Hexagon, and then returning it to daz studio to try making a new morph that way, but while that sort of worked, it also caused some unwanted distortion to the feet (which, incidentally, are not one of the regions with dformers affecting them).  So, I'm not sure what to try next.

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

I don't think the Poser-format items will accept the morph spawning. Poser figures are actually imported and temporarily converted on-the-fly to DS format (all that auto-adapted stuff in the data folder). You will have to convert to Weight-Mapping (Edit -> Figure -> Rigging -> Convert Figure to Weight Mapping). You will have a choice of TriAx or General weight.TriAx is the older method (Genesis 1 & 2 era), General is the newer. Either one will work, I can't really recommend one over the other.

Anyway, once converted, you can spawn the morphs as expected. To retain them for future use, you will have to "Save As... -> Support Asset -> Figure/Prop Assets..." to save the new figure in DAZ Studio native format. Any original poses and material settings will still work properly.

• CowrieCowrie Posts: 143

Thanks!  That did the trick!