How to disconnect the auto-follow properties of a morph?

I have a commercial geo-graft mesh conformed to a G8 character. I have made a shape change morph for the geo-graft mesh in Zbrush using GoZ (I select the G8 figure and use send to ZB).

When the shape morph (which looks perfect in ZB) is sent back to DS using GoZ, a morph dial is created on the geo-graft object and a corresponding one is created on the G8 figure. However, I want the shape morph I have made to affect only the geo-graft and have no effect on the G8 mesh.

I have tried to delete the geo-graft shape correction morph property dial from the G8 figure, but this also deletes it automatically from the geo-graft as well.

I have tried "Disable AutoFollow on Selected Properties" but this does not appear to disconnect the autofollow properties of the shape change morph property on the geo-graft and the coresponding one on the G8 figure.

So, can anyone tell me how I can make a morph on a conformed geo-graft object which does not change the mesh of the G8 figure?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,416
    edited December 2020

Can you not zero the property on the base figure? What settings did you use in Morph Loader?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

Hi Richard,

If I zero the property on the figure, the property on the geo-graft is also zeroed and vice versa. The are linked, what ever value I use for one is the value I get for the other.

I didn't load the morph from Morph Loader. This is a morph created in ZBrush and then returned to DS via GoZ. That process creates the two property dials, one on the figure and one on the geo-graft. 

• GoZ is acting as a morph loader, so what options did you use in GoZ? And had the morph moved the vertices where the graft welds to the base figure (assuming it does weld)?

edited December 2020

The only option used in GoZ was to send the figure (and graft) to ZB with the current morphs. I believe this is the only option to use if you want to be able to send a morph back to DS using GoZ, and this always works.

The graft does not weld to the figure, it is conformed to the figure.

Post edited by IsaacNewton on
  • I meant on return from ZBrush.

Default. I don't change anything. I didn't even know you could change anything.