Add 2nd Content Library

I wanted to seprate content I get from 3rd parties in a different daz directory. when I do this I can see most thing in the content viewer but I have a few morphs I would like to use do I need to have these morphs in the main content library. or do I need to mimic the folder structure of the main content folder to have the morphs show up. im am trying to get my head around the content db editor to link all the content any help would be great some I found some youtube videos but they only covered the basic of drag and dropping and not the metadata part. ultimatly I would like a second libuary of all the old poser content and 3rd part daz stuff and if something goes wrong I dont have to nuke my main libuary.

example of the content 

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/freestuff/christmas-elf-ears-g8f/87115

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,201

If you in Daz Studio go to Edit > Preferences > Content Directory Manager you can add more directories under Daz Studio Formats.

• felis said:

If you in Daz Studio go to Edit > Preferences > Content Directory Manager you can add more directories under Daz Studio Formats.

I have been able to do that but my content for morphs are not showing up also do I need to mimic the folder structure like the doc libuary 

dustinmeyer1234 said:

felis said:

I have been able to do that but my content for morphs are not showing up also do I need to mimic the folder structure like the doc libuary 

To my knowledge, then for anything being referenced you need the same file structure, as DS is using relative paths.

I am using the same file structure in my other directories.

You said your morphs don't show up - does other products installed there?

• dustinmeyer1234dustinmeyer1234 Posts: 123
    edited December 2020

yes I got a Prop to show up in the custom Libuary but nothing on the Body Morph I even mimic the folder structure. if its a shaping slider does that matter over a morph im still figuring this stuff out...

Post edited by dustinmeyer1234 on

Where are you trying to find your morphs?

What if you select the character, and then look in Parameters > Morphs?

• I got it to appear when I moved it to a different directoy but now I get icons that have ! around it 

https://imgur.com/a/uy21t4L

• if  I could just find out how to add custom 3rd parties morphs and know what things to do in meta data to they appear it would be awsome I have some poser morphs I would like to attach to poser content and some old daz morphs as well.