Viewport section

PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 664

I have come across a small problem which I am unable to fix,  if I load a figure (lets just say G8F) then add hair & a dress, I used to be able to select either G8, the Har or the Dress by left clicking on it in the viewport,  but all of a sudden the only thing i can select in the viewport is the different body parts of G8F,  If I want to select the Hair or the Dress I now have to use the Scene Tab (this started after Studio crashed).

Things I have tried -

Uninstalling & Re-Installing Studio

Merge & Update Menu's

I'm using the latest release of studio (4.14.0.10)  I don't seem to have this problem with the Beta Version.

I've also noticed my Right Click Contex Menu is now empty as well.

Post edited by Platnumk on

Comments

• Which tool are you using (check the Tools menu)?

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 664

It doesn't matter what tool I have selected, This happens even with the universal tool.  If I try to left click on the dress for instance it selects the body part of G8F instead

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

Look in the scene tab to make sure there is a little check mark in front of the object.If there is a little tiny x mark, that means it's not clickable in the veiwport.

@IceCrMn I've check that,  It makes no difference

Screenshot 2020-12-05 at 17.52.48.png
    1464 x 1410 - 890K
    Screenshot 2020-12-05 at 17.52.30.png
    930 x 1080 - 147K
  • Selecting the base figure's body part when you click on a fitted item is normal. Right-click should work, assuming the area you right-click on is part of a group at least - can you select that part of the clothing if you click on it when it isn't fitted to the base figure?

edited December 2020

I get the same behaviour whether it's fitted or not,  even if I make the figure unclickable in the scene tab I have the same problem 

Post edited by Platnumk on

Ok, I have managed to do a minor fix by changing some of the Draw Style Settings & I can now right click and select the item,  but I still can't left click and select an item & yet in the beta version I can left click and select an item (very strange behavour as it only started happening after Studio crashed & I had to re-add all my content library paths back into Daz's Prefs)

• Compare the Tool Settings pane between the two versions.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

Use the Node Selection Tool.

Richard Haseltine said:

Compare the Tool Settings pane between the two versions.

Tool setting are the same,  But after a few more tests I am now seeing the same behaviour in the beta version (I installed a new beta version earlier this evening)

fastbike1 said:

Use the Node Selection Tool.

Same behaviour. 

It looks like they have changed something between the initial release of 4.14 & the latest release of 4.14.

It looks like that if the clothing & hair have been fitted to the figure you can no longer left click and select it in the viewport,  But you can select them by right clicking or selecting them in the scene tab (if this is be design then personally i think its a step backward as you now have to do an extra step when setting up your scene)

If this is not by design then it might be worth pointing this out to the developers as I have heard from other users that are only now coming across this.

I will keep an eye on this thread in case a salution is found.

For now I would like to take the time & saya big  thank you to all those that have tried to help.

• The behaviour you are seeing is the behaviour I have always seen. If the default behaviour was to select the top-most fitted item posing would be a pain.

Richard Haseltine said:

The behaviour you are seeing is the behaviour I have always seen. If the default behaviour was to select the top-most fitted item posing would be a pain.

And yet that has how it has been since Studio 3.x (until now that is),  You could single left click and select an item of clothing, shoes, hair etc. or bouble click to select the figure.

As I said, I only noticed this new behaviour after studio crashed on me & I had to re-define all my content library folders.