Constant image processing in the background

So, I've noticed that since I've upgraded Daz, anytime I have an HDR scene as a background that Daz is constantly "Processing Image" in the background. In the area directly beneath the viewport, on the left it says Processing Image: {insert image name here} and on the right hand side the yellow status bar just keeps going over and over and over again. It doesn't matter what background I have or by what author. I can be doing absolutely nothing, have it in wireframe mode for hours and I come back and it is still reprocessing that image. What the heck is going on? It seems incredibly inefficient and I notice that everything moves a bit slower when that is happening. As soon as I open a new scene with no HDR, then of course no reprocessing and everything is snappier.

Comments

• chapterhawk_276dcefd2e said:

So, I've noticed that since I've upgraded Daz, anytime I have an HDR scene as a background that Daz is constantly "Processing Image" in the background. In the area directly beneath the viewport, on the left it says Processing Image: {insert image name here} and on the right hand side the yellow status bar just keeps going over and over and over again. It doesn't matter what background I have or by what author. I can be doing absolutely nothing, have it in wireframe mode for hours and I come back and it is still reprocessing that image. What the heck is going on? It seems incredibly inefficient and I notice that everything moves a bit slower when that is happening. As soon as I open a new scene with no HDR, then of course no reprocessing and everything is snappier.

Did you find a solution for this issue? It started happening for me today. 

• Unfortunately no. I think it is being auto-refreshed constantly. However, I have auto-refresh turned off. So, I'm at a loss for what it is. I'm guessing it's a glitch in the latest version of Daz Studio. Hopefully they look into it for the next update.

• chapterhawk_276dcefd2e said:

Unfortunately no. I think it is being auto-refreshed constantly. However, I have auto-refresh turned off. So, I'm at a loss for what it is. I'm guessing it's a glitch in the latest version of Daz Studio. Hopefully they look into it for the next update.

After I posted my question, I deleted the HDRI image from the scene and reset the defaults, then reapplied the HDRI. It is no longer constantly refreshing, so that fixed the issue for me. In my case, I believe Daz crashed while I had the scene open; it may have corrupted something in the scene data.

• ctnfosterctnfoster Posts: 5
    edited February 2021

Same is happening to me:

The HDR in question come sfrom the "DAX Studio Iray HDR Outdoor Environments" and is the "dthdr-mauia.hdr" file. Issue persists across saves, and is super annoying.

I can confirm it's causing other areas of the program that weren't slow before to now be super slow and barely useable.

Troubleshooting steps I've tried without success: 

• Reloading save
    • Restarting Daz & loading save
    • Rebooting entire PC

EDIT: I think I found a fix:

1. Change all the viewports to wireframe
    2. Remove offending HDR (set to none)
    3. Save changes
    4. Reboot PC
    5. Relaunch DAZ
    Post edited by ctnfoster on
  • hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited July 2021

This "processing Image" running in loop in the background still happens after all the updates of those last few months. That's quiet annoying. 

Not sure it happens with any hdr. Those from "SASE Promo Lights plus Extras" for example cause that to happen. And once it begins, even changing environment to "none" doesn't help.

But it's a new glitch that wasn't there a few months back. 

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • Has this been fixed in 4.15.0.30?

• Not fixed, the ctnfoster method works though

• cutepencutepen Posts: 1

I still have this in 4.20, anyone found a fix?

• Same problem

• This pointless HDR image churning still happens to me on DS 4.21,  with PolyHaven and DimensionTheory HDR files. Problematic bug. 

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,102
    edited November 2022

It could be the Environment Lighting Resolution you have set. Some of the PolyHaven ones are 16K. I have mine set at 16500 always and I don't see any lag when loading. I think what happens is that Daz Studio is converting the high resolution images to the lower resolution setting that has been set.

Also check the Medium and High resolution settings in Advanced if set too low then every image will be reduced when loaded.

Post edited by Fishtales on