DazCentral how to reset Installation Paths?

Hello, Today I migrated from install manager to DazCentral. I installed DazCentral and uninstalled DIM so far so good. now I am having issues with assets not showing up inside the Daz Editor. For example in DazCentral Unity Bridge is marked as installed but it does not show up inside Daz Studio. oldy enough Blender bridge shows up in Daz Studio regardless of beein installed in DazCentral or not. 

The Base Path is marked as "managed by DIM" well DIM is not even installed on the computer so how is it supposed to manage the installation paths of DazCentral.

What path should I use for DazCentral so it actually works?

Comments

• Ruuds said:

Hello, Today I migrated from install manager to DazCentral. I installed DazCentral and uninstalled DIM so far so good. now I am having issues with assets not showing up inside the Daz Editor. For example in DazCentral Unity Bridge is marked as installed but it does not show up inside Daz Studio. oldy enough Blender bridge shows up in Daz Studio regardless of beein installed in DazCentral or not. 

The Base Path is marked as "managed by DIM" well DIM is not even installed on the computer so how is it supposed to manage the installation paths of DazCentral.

Daz Central uses a single master folder, and placs everything in pre-set sub-folders of that. Since you already had a different arrangement Daz Central is using that, but it doesn't have the facility to edit the separate paths. Why are you usding Daz central now? You are presumably past the initial set up pahse where its simplifcations are meant to make life easier, and may well be at the stage of needing the extra flexibility that DIM offers (especially if you are working with other applications).

• ArkadySkiesArkadySkies Posts: 206
    edited December 2020
    Ruuds said:

In my experience, it doesn't. I couldn't even get the damn thing to install Daz Studio on a new computer, and some assets would prompt for a file path with no context regarding what that should be (My Library folder? The Daz install folder? The Blender install folder?).

I spent all of this morning trying to track the DIM installer, because DIM works and is FAR easier to use (or less buggy?) than DazCentral. Far as I can tell, DazCentral doesn't even let you organize content like they claim, it's just prettier and has pictures (which is only useful if everything will install). Or was separating plug-ins and assets supposed to be the big "Organized Content" move? Or is it an option, but the damn thing is just too counter-intuitive to figure out? Either way, I'm done trying.

Had I been a new user, I would've given up on using Daz at all, because DazCentral is just horrible, and it's the only content manager that's easy to find on the website. The ONLY benefit to DazCentral I saw was that content has images associated with them, which is nice, but useless if I can't get Studio installed to use the items. I have never been so frustrated by a piece of software.

Post edited by ArkadySkies on