G3 to G8 clothes conversion? (RESOLVED)

deepswingdeepswing Posts: 152

Dear experts,

I found a few items in the Daz store today which awaked my interest, but they are designed for Genesis 3, not Genesis 8. Is there a way of using them on G8 figures as well, do I need some kind of converter, or any other tweeks? Would you recommend doing it, or is e.g. the quality of G3 clothes not the best choice for G8 characters?

Thanks for your help!

Post edited by deepswing on

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Yes, it's a good idea and it's not hard for most clothing items.  Accessories are a bit trickier.

There are converters for allowing you convert your entire library from one generation to another, but for the most part, between G3F and G8F or between G3M and G8M, you can simply follow this tutorial.  It includes a link to a video tutorial.

[Tutorial] Convert Clothing G3 to G8, G8 to G3 by SickleYield on DeviantArt

• Sevrin said:

Yes, it's a good idea and it's not hard for most clothing items.  Accessories are a bit trickier.

There are converters for allowing you convert your entire library from one generation to another, but for the most part, between G3F and G8F or between G3M and G8M, you can simply follow this tutorial.  It includes a link to a video tutorial.

[Tutorial] Convert Clothing G3 to G8, G8 to G3 by SickleYield on DeviantArt

Hi Sevrin,

Awesome, that was what I was searching for. It works pretty well, a few items are not working, but this is explained as well why this can happen. Overall, I am very happy with it. Thanks so much for sharing!