Hair problems

Good morning, I recently purchased "dforce Sweet Magnolia Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Female" for my G8 character and cannot get it to work properly.  All that pops up when I go to load it is a very fast outline of the hair style, which then disappears, and all that's left is a hair cap and an error message saying Selection Error "THE PRIMARY SELECTION contains a dForce modifier, but it is not currently configured as a "Dynamic Surface" or "Dynamic Surface Add-On".    I have tried tooling around and right clicking/left clicking on various buttons to find these settings, but to no avail, I am lost and don't know what I'm doing!  Anyone know how to get this to work properly? Thanks! - Ski

Comments

• Which version of Daz Studio are you using? What is selected when you load the hair?

• DS 4.12 Pro, and I really don't select anything, I thought it just autoloads and knows it's for the head when I click on it, but I've also tried selecting the head and loading the hair, but it still doesn't work.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,416
    edited December 2020

In 4.14.0.10 I don't get that error, loading either the Genesis 8 version of the hair or the Genesis 3 (with Genesis 8 Female loaded and selected).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • skiman44 said:

Good morning, I recently purchased "dforce Sweet Magnolia Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Female" for my G8 character and cannot get it to work properly.  All that pops up when I go to load it is a very fast outline of the hair style, which then disappears, and all that's left is a hair cap and an error message saying Selection Error "THE PRIMARY SELECTION contains a dForce modifier, but it is not currently configured as a "Dynamic Surface" or "Dynamic Surface Add-On".    I have tried tooling around and right clicking/left clicking on various buttons to find these settings, but to no avail, I am lost and don't know what I'm doing!  Anyone know how to get this to work properly? Thanks! - Ski

I'm having the same issue.  I get a skull-cap, but no hair...just a dissapearing outline.  I don't get the error though.  Please let me know if you figured out out to fix it.  I put in a help ticket already.  Thanks,

• LoofyLoofy Posts: 6

Hello, I've the same trouble, Skull cap no hair, using DAZ 4.15

• Just in case anyone comes across this thread again and is having this problem, you need to select the hair, then under parameters make sure "Visible in Viewport is On" and set "Viewport Line Tessellation Sides" to at least 2. This won't show you the full effect of the hair but it's better than nothing. The full hair effect is visible in the final render (as seen in the example).  This hair is very heavy in resources, so I presume that's why the designer set this to 0. If I set it to anything higher than 3, Daz becomes unresponsive. 

This is the product in question: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-sweet-magnolia-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8-female