Hair Rendering

I am trying to render a portrait style picture but no matter what I do the hair is too noisy. The renders on the store page for the hair look so much better and I can't tell if I'm just missing something or if I'm doing it wrong.

BellaRender2.png
968 x 968 - 1M
png
png
00-main-annabelle-hair-for-genesis-8-female-s-daz3d.png

Comments

• How are you lighting the scene? Indirect lighting can cause issues. Which hair is it?

One option is to increase the render quality setting in Render Settings' Editor tab - slightly, try 2 or 3 instead of 1. That makes iray fussier about when it counts a pixel as done - it won't necessarily help the hair directly, but it will make the rest take more steps and so give the hair a greater chance to finish adequately

• How are you lighting the scene? Indirect lighting can cause issues. Which hair is it?

One option is to increase the render quality setting in Render Settings' Editor tab - slightly, try 2 or 3 instead of 1. That makes iray fussier about when it counts a pixel as done - it won't necessarily help the hair directly, but it will make the rest take more steps and so give the hair a greater chance to finish adequately

I am using a direct light and the hair is Annabelle hair by Kool.

I will try the render quality but it will take a few hours to see if it helps.