Why can't purchases be "sent" directly to DIM / DAz Central as they used to?

kgrosserkgrosser Posts: 141

This has been bugging me now for a while and I though it should be a temporary glitch but it is existing now for too long to be considered unintentional. Formerly, after purchasing from DAZ Store, one could select a direct install through either DIM or DC - now there is just that stupid link which would allow to download either - which I have both installed on my machine (needless to say, as almost everyone I prefer sticking with DIM) but it even doesn't work for DC - which rules out a desperate attemtp to make this option more attractive. Which christians the elephant "Why"....

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

Have you tried from "My Orders -> Order # -> View Order"? There are links there to "Download and Install" the entire order with DIM, or "Install Manager Ready" for individual files. I never use those, so I don't know if they (still) do as they say...

Even so, you can refresh DIM and sort by Order Date, then select multiple files to download. You need DIM either way, so, no added burden. ("Filter Products -> Same Order ID" is broken by the new Order numbering system, but I have found a workaround for that.)

• Moved to Techncial Help as it is not a Daz Studio topic.

DIM links should start daz3dim:// , which is a protocol that should have been assigned to Install manager when it itself was installed (it will therefore open DIM, and the rest of the link tells it to filter just the target product file). It's possible that security stettings/software are blocking this. Daz Central doesn't use a protocol in this way, as it doesn't do the filtering.

• The link on the order confirmation page, which used to be the daz3dim:// that you describe, now goes to https://www.daz3d.com/install-manager-info instead.

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,294

"MMX Resource Saver Shaders Collection 3 for Iray" has no download link and no install manager link, you buy it and it shows up in your products list but there is no way to get it at all.

Usally the install manger works great so I can wait until they fix this and this product was just made available today. Problems are bound to happen now and then.

• RexRed said:

"MMX Resource Saver Shaders Collection 3 for Iray" has no download link and no install manager link, you buy it and it shows up in your products list but there is no way to get it at all.

Usally the install manger works great so I can wait until they fix this and this product was just made available today. Problems are bound to happen now and then.

it's isntalling something through Connect (inside Daz Studio), but it doesn't appear in DIM or have usable links in the product Library for me. I've sent a query in.