Chroft Apartment Bathroom fitting

I am trying to fit the bathroom into the apartment building but I can't seem to find the correct location where the door lines up and the wall doesn't poke through. Is it possible or am I going to have to play with the visibility of the different parts depending on which angle I am shooting the scene from? I like to set up the whole scene and then move the characters through the scene as I perform scenes.

Thanks

Arron

Comments

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871

You'd probably need to make the walls of the bathroom invisible through the surfaces tab. As I recall, all of the exterior walls of any of Chroft are one piece, so you have to do it through Surfaces and not the eyeball in the Scene tab.

Also, depending on what you're talking about, you probably would do better with Chroft Apartment Open Plan Living rather than the Apartment building itself: https://www.daz3d.com/chroft-apartment-open-plan-living -- I would imagine, if they're at all meant to go together, the bathroom would go into the apartment, and the apartment into the building. However, I'm pretty sure they're independent sets, and they're not really meant to fit together that way, just to echo each other and make it look stylistically consistent, as though they could fit together, but don't actually. All together, it would be a massively heavyweight set, and all the reflective/refactive surfaces would be miserable to render in either 3Delight or Iray. (It takes a shockingly long time to render in Iray -- it was designed for 3Delight -- because of all that translucency and glass surfaces.)