December 2020 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Open Render Challenge

Comments

• Shinji Ikari 9th said:

Was having trouble thinking of what to do with my first idea, so I decided to take a break and try something differant. Here's the start on that.

would you agree that the scene you rendered looks like as if - whatever happened - everything is "over and done with" everyone ready for a break ? 

I think your characters deserve more than that

give them a show

• _ AL1vE _ said:

Shinji Ikari 9th said:

Was having trouble thinking of what to do with my first idea, so I decided to take a break and try something differant. Here's the start on that.

would you agree that the scene you rendered looks like as if - whatever happened - everything is "over and done with" everyone ready for a break ? 

give them a show

I've already got some ideas to go about trying to work in, and hope to have a look in a while. 

• _ AL1vE _ said:

Shinji Ikari 9th said:

give them a show

I've already got some ideas to go about trying to work in, and hope to have a look in a while. 

• no noseno nose Posts: 300

Well I tried something else for the fog, but still not quite what I'm looking for.  Idk quite how to describe it but I want it to be mist-like. Besides that I re-touched the water, made it closer to the color of the dress.

Something I tried was to make the scene super darker, I'm not to sure how I feel about it so I don't think i'll go with it, but if anyone likes it I might roll with it.

5 (a).jpg
    889 x 500 - 241K
    5 (b).jpg
    889 x 500 - 115K
  • no nose said:

Well I tried something else for the fog, but still not quite what I'm looking for.  Idk quite how to describe it but I want it to be mist-like. Besides that I re-touched the water, made it closer to the color of the dress.

Something I tried was to make the scene super darker, I'm not to sure how I feel about it so I don't think i'll go with it, but if anyone likes it I might roll with it.

I would think if you tell us what you want to convey with the woman in the red goo perhaps we can work together on something to guide you along the way for a winning render this month

• Version B of my second idea. Added a plasma bolt having been fired from the quad-legged foe, streems of tracers from the guys guns as well as muzzle flashes and spent casings falling from them, some sparks from where some rounds hit the quad-legged foe, and a transporter effect to the other foes.

Ment to post this earlier in the day but got sidetracked.

dec2020-2b.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 1M

_ AL1vE _ said:

no nose said:

I would think if you tell us what you want to convey with the woman in the red goo perhaps we can work together on something to guide you along the way for a winning render this month

Best way that I think I can describe my idea is something like a bubble, in a river thats kinda ominous (I think that's the right word). The 2 things I want to do right now is to make a seemless transition between the water and the skirt, and to have some sort of mist/fog to improve the atmosphere.

And tbh I don't care so much about winning as much as at least getting an honorable mention, or comments

• katywhitekatywhite Posts: 415
    edited December 2020

Title: Christmas Surprise

Caption: I hope this one came with a gift receipt.

Software: Daz 3D

Challenge: Beginners

Feedback much appreciated!

Christmas Surprise.png
    2000 x 2000 - 7M
    Post edited by katywhite on
    edited December 2020

Title: Christmas Gift

Caption: Maybe there's more....

christmas.png
    2000 x 1600 - 5M
  • Shinji Ikari 9th said:

Version B of my second idea. Added a plasma bolt having been fired from the quad-legged foe, streems of tracers from the guys guns as well as muzzle flashes and spent casings falling from them, some sparks from where some rounds hit the quad-legged foe, and a transporter effect to the other foes.

yes, getting somewhere in a direction

• JasRTJasRT Posts: 13

no nose said:

_ AL1vE _ said:

no nose said:

Best way that I think I can describe my idea is something like a bubble, in a river thats kinda ominous (I think that's the right word). The 2 things I want to do right now is to make a seemless transition between the water and the skirt, and to have some sort of mist/fog to improve the atmosphere.

And tbh I don't care so much about winning as much as at least getting an honorable mention, or comments

What is she doing, and why can't we see her face? I vote for the lighter version, but I'd like to understand what's happening.

katywhite said:

Would love to see more light on this to highlight what we're supposed to be looking at; I wasn't sure what the story was. I like the details.

Shinji Ikari 9th said:

Version B of my second idea. Added a plasma bolt having been fired from the quad-legged foe, streems of tracers from the guys guns as well as muzzle flashes and spent casings falling from them, some sparks from where some rounds hit the quad-legged foe, and a transporter effect to the other foes.

Like this version much better than the first. What is the threat from the foe(s)?

• dont know what happend to my post? Oh hi all. Finaly faound the file i was looking for made some major tweaks and i like what i have so far. itermediet not really interested in the winning thing but would love feedback from anyone any time, (but im not real good at the chit chat stuff). thanks...

lora.jpg
    2333 x 2893 - 5M
  • TirickTirick Posts: 228

bastian2560 said:

dont know what happend to my post? Oh hi all. Finaly faound the file i was looking for made some major tweaks and i like what i have so far. itermediet not really interested in the winning thing but would love feedback from anyone any time, (but im not real good at the chit chat stuff). thanks...

If I could suggest one thing; look to the lighting. The facial features are a little washed out from the angle; try placing a strong light at a 40-60 degree angle from her face to get some shadow on one side of the nose and brow. Take a look at standand 3-point lighting setups that are common for portraits; a backlight could also help with framing the figure. 

• Thanks Tirick. I moved the lighting around abit. I think i have started to get my head around this iray skin thing, Now i have to make a better face lol.

loralight2.jpg
    2333 x 2893 - 4M
  • Alias52Alias52 Posts: 284

Not 2020

Character Building

"Why do these things keep happening to us?"

"Well, that's what happens when someone says we have nearly made it through 2020!"

Also going over in the PC section, as it's basically what I think of when people keep making the comment! Just an opening attempt. 

Not 2020 f.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 1M
  • Merry Christmas to you all. Take all care and hope to see you next year!

A-Chistmastale-Email.jpg
    1000 x 545 - 458K
  • vamokvamok Posts: 238

...And the Imminent Consequence of Driving Distracted

This is entry 2 in a 2 part series for the Beginner Render Challenge

Resources:

Exactly the same resources as in "The Distraction" posted above.

Happy Holidays Everybody!

Scooter Boy Girls CU Scene.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Scooter boy composite.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • vamok said:

Resources:

I can imagine... some consequences ...

• aprilshowers2065aprilshowers2065 Posts: 703
    edited December 2020

Second Entry for beginner's contest. Feedback/suggestions appreciated!

Title: Chosen

Chosen.png
    1200 x 1440 - 2M
    Post edited by aprilshowers2065 on

Well it isn't quite what I imagined but this background might work, if not I might just have to to try and make something in blender.

JasRT said:

no nose said:

_ AL1vE _ said:

no nose said:

What is she doing, and why can't we see her face? I vote for the lighter version, but I'd like to understand what's happening.

The idea with the pose is that she's reaching out to the sky, for what reason I think it's best that I leave to each viewer to decide. As for the face that's just the camera angle / pose, though if I did somehow make the face visible I'm not sure how good that would look.

6.jpg
    889 x 500 - 245K
  • Luftsturmregiment40Luftsturmregiment40 Posts: 328
    edited December 2020

Партизаны Амура - Amur Partisans

final entry

it's not an actual Amur partisan but artistic interpretation allows me to make one smiley

Партизаны_Амура_01.PNG
    1080 x 1920 - 3M
    Партизаны_Амура_02.PNG
    1080 x 1920 - 2M
    Post edited by Luftsturmregiment40 on

vamok said:

Resources:

Nicely done! The story brings a smile....

edited December 2020

JasRT said:

katywhite said:

Would love to see more light on this to highlight what we're supposed to be looking at; I wasn't sure what the story was. I like the details.

Thank you for your feedback! I threw it in Photoshop and brightened it a bit.

Here's how it looks now:

christmas_edited.png
    2000 x 1600 - 6M
  • katywhite said:

JasRT said:

katywhite said:

Thank you for your feedback! I threw it in Photoshop and brightened it a bit.

Here's how it looks now:

nice lighting now

great render

I bet this is for next year? smiley

• @_ AL1vE _

Thanks!

Sure! :)

• t0mgt0mg Posts: 48
    edited December 2020

Hello everyone, Here's my submission for the Intermediate contest:

Title: Lights & Fashion (that was imaginative,right? :) )

Software: Daz Studio 4.14, Octane Renderer Plugin.

Products Used :

• Character:
      • Morphs: 50% Evelyn+27% Esme+ 25% Fredda+many other morphs dialed in for a more adult, athletic body. Hair: Pixie Pretty
      • Texture: Evelyn + Random Walk Shader
        • (based on this tutorial: ) .
        • Hair: Octane Render Kit shader
      • Swimsuit: High Neck Bikini, with custom Octane Shader, based on Metallic Node (physical based metals+some extra textures)  
    • Environment:
      • Vivenza, with some extra shaders from Octane Live DB + some tweaking.
      • Using Scattering options as Medium for some atmospheric effects (which got sort of lost on the final render)
    • Lights:
      • Custom 3 point light setup + Octane's own Sun+Sky + Emissives all around.
    • Notes: Took 12 hours to render on a laptop with a 1070 :| , Tone Mapping applied on Photoshop. Flares effect comes straight from Octane. I enjoy working with Octane and the results you can get, but can get frustrating at times ; Iray can get you quicker results out of the box, however, I truly recommend using Octane Render Kit, as it bridges the gap a bit by giving you some extra options, like the ability to use transmapped hairs easily (which I never got right on my own).

Thank you and happy holidays everyone! (and a less "eventful" 2021 :) ) 

LightNFashion.jpg
    2100 x 2100 - 4M
    Post edited by t0mg on