Daz Studio Application process takes very long to close

weird-grafxweird-grafx Posts: 44

I use 4.14, but the issue appeared also on 4.12.

If You work on a larger scene (e.g. 3 characters and some environment)  and close Studio it takes minutes until the process is exiting.

During this time You are not able to start Studio again. 

Strange thing is, if I create a new scene before closing Daz, which deletes all objects from the scene, the process exits immediateley.

Creating a new scene takes a fraction of the time waiting for the process to exit. Is someone else having this behaviour?

Post edited by weird-grafx on

Comments

• It's "normal".

Daz is just cleaning the cached data up and it takes a while, depending on ram used, cpu speed(single thread), ram speed.

In my personal experience, the process of creating a "new" scene then closing ds can take just as long, it just depends on the complexity of the scene itself, that is how much system ram it's taking up.

• There's a bug in 4.14 that means (for some people) Daz never closes - I closed Daz on Friday afternoon, there was still a process running on Monday morning. That's more than just "cleaning the cached data"!

• There's a bug in 4.14 that means (for some people) Daz never closes - I closed Daz on Friday afternoon, there was still a process running on Monday morning. That's more than just "cleaning the cached data"!

There is a workaround for this - open Window>Panes(Tabs)>Aux Viewport, then in tne option menu (the lined button in the top corner, or right-click the tab) disable the IPR Toolbar. Close the pane. DS should now shutdown normally, other factors permitting.

• olbaporerreugolbaporerreug Posts: 12
    edited April 2023

DrunkMonkeyProductions said:

It's "normal".

Daz is just cleaning the cached data up and it takes a while, depending on ram used, cpu speed(single thread), ram speed.

In my personal experience, the process of creating a "new" scene then closing ds can take just as long, it just depends on the complexity of the scene itself, that is how much system ram it's taking up.

No, it's not. The process of allocating memory and freeing it takes a very little amount of time. As long as I've noticed, DAZ Studio is the only application that increases the amount of memory allocated after one requests it to close down. Freeing memory is as simple as using the free() function, at least in what is concerned with C/C++ Language. "Cleaning" the freed RAM, makes no sense since it is up to the O.S. Even further, it is not necessary to free or deallocate RAM after a run. Again, it is up to the O.S.

Post edited by olbaporerreug on
  • I created a little script, that at least improves the closing speed.